Notices

Copied this from maemo-freak:

Thursday, 04 March 2010 10:31

Good folks from the Nokia Maps Team just announced the very first release of Nokia Map Loader for maemo devices.

Just like the version for Symbian devices, Nokia Map loader for N900 allows you to simply sideload maps to your phone directly from Nokia maps server through your computer, rather than over the air which is especially useful if you are planning on travelling to a new area you are unfamiliar.

This way, you can save a lot on your mobile data service costs and save time downloading map data over-the-air as you go.

With maps for more than 150 countries worldwide, there’s a lot of data available for download for FREE and with Map Loader whole procedure will be faster, cheaper and simpler! MapLoader allows you to download map data for whole countries or areas, so that you don’t need to use data connection on the road.

Procedure is quite simple, download and install Map Loader to your PC, then download maps and places you need to and finally transfer it to Nokia Maps on your mobile device.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...d#/nokia-n900/

Last edited by rolan900d; 2010-03-04 at 11:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to rolan900d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Great... but where is the free Nokia Maps 3.x with voice navigation for N900?

edit:
*For your Nokia N900 use Mass storage mode.
-DONE

Msg from app: You have connected at least one phone in mass storage mode. Reconnect your phone and select pc suite mode.

Map loader version: 3.0.28.0

Last edited by jmk; 2010-03-04 at 11:16.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
That's nothing new

I've allready loaded the maps I need before a month or so.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim
Looks very interesting. I am downloading my data now. Hope this works :-)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I've just checked the size & md5sums and this file is exactly the same as the Nokia Map Loader v3.0.28.0 previously available, so nothing new here.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
And still not working...

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Yep, not working at all.

ok, to be fair: I'm using OSX, 10.4.11. Non-operation was to be expected. Happily I also have the maps copied already, so this is just info for those who have a similar PC.

Last edited by Mandibela; 2010-03-04 at 11:54.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by SirKline View Post
And still not working...
Work if copy file /home/user/MyDocs/.qf to /home/user/MyDocs/qf only After hack

The Following User Says Thank You to gLobster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jmk View Post
*For your Nokia N900 use Mass storage mode.
-DONE

Msg from app: You have connected at least one phone in mass storage mode. Reconnect your phone and select pc suite mode.

Map loader version: 3.0.28.0
I get the same error. I tried both modes with or without bluetooth on. I got Windows 7 64 bit.

do a forum search, there's lots of info on how to make map loader work on n900 - XP works out of the box, but IIRC you have to run vista 64 bit in XP compatibility mode for it to work. Worked fine for me on XP when I did it a while back, but I think only USB mode is supported for n900 (ignore the prompt objecting to it). Oh, and bring a good book to occupy you - the d/l & transfer for Europe took ~2 hours to complete :-)