Posts: 87 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Italy
Definitely, I am impressed. I was considering an iPhone, because of its applications...Now I will wait. Clearly, Apple hardware-software mix is mature and offers a lot of application I could use daily with my mac. What I really miss on my n82 or n800 is a "Getting Things Done" application that sync with Omnifocus: this option is easily available on thy iPhone. Mobile me works also fine. Nevertheless, on the n800, with fuse, I can use the iDisk with relative ease (BusyBox and Fuse required)...

But I am an heavy user of Voip, chat and Email... and the combination of n82 + n800 works great. This new toy looks like it's even better. I wonder how contact sync and cloud sync works... My experience with voip 3rd party apps has been less than stellar: native integration with the phone software has been to date, for me, a winning point.

Also I am looking forward if walking directions will work for free on n900 OVI. The iPhone uses the fantastic google database with amazing results (But maemo here keeps going thanks to the wonderful maemo mapper!). I am curious to see how OVI maps will do against google maps and streetview...

Wait and see... while putting some money apart

Toutes les informations utiles (pages encore en anglais) : Présentez-vous à la communauté , L'essentiel pour bien commencer, Débuter sur Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Le Wiki sur Maemo 5 (N900), La FAQ, Le sous-forum dédié aux communautés

En cas de souci, n'hésitez pas à me poser vos questions!

----------------

Benvenuto! Se hai bisogno di aiuto, sono a disposizione.
Ecco dove iniziare (in inglese):

Presentazioni dei nuovi iscritti,Primi passi per nuovi iscritti, Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 4 (N800 - N810), Wiki per chi inizia con Maemo 5 (N900), FAQ, Subforum della Comunità

In caso di dubbi o domande non esitare: contattami!

The Following User Says Thank You to Matyas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
What about 10Mbps download HSDPA on N900 vs 7Mbps on iphone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsmanrique For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@gerbick: i think the term is 'no contract'.. the 3gs sells for $599 and $699 without contract in the us, but still locked to AT&T.

@sachin: i don't think you're qualified to write the comparison in the first place for:
a). not having owned the iphone for 1st hand knowledge, as can be seen with the numerous factual error
b). blatant hatred of apple and iphone (bias)
I understand.... but i am willing to make changes to the text if you can provide me the correct details
And the second thing will never change unless apple changes its policies on a number of things.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@sachin: i'm not trying to change what you think I was just stating that the fact you have that (very strong) bias isn't an appropriate source for this comparison.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@sachin: i'm not trying to change what you think I was just stating that the fact you have that (very strong) bias isn't an appropriate source for this comparison.
I agree. But i am insanely outnumbered by similar individuals on the other side of the fence too v

Please, let us just ask Reggie to add "iphone" to the list of swear words? Because the smell of that dead horse being kicked by certain characters ad infinitum is horrendous.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What about transfer between wifi less devices like another cell phone?
You mean via bluetooth? OBEX is not supported. But bluetooth sharing of photos and contacts - Bluetooth Photo Share is free - is out there. I'm not a fan of bluetooth transfers though due to the lack of speed.

I never knew that. So it has a maps application?
Yes, since day one. Lock in to where you're at in under 5 seconds too.

But they are useless to recieve calls because of the lack of multi tasking.
Useless? That's a bit much. I mean, I use them. All of the above have "push notifications" (ok, I do NOT buy into this feature being called push notifications personally) but I wouldn't say useless since I've used them in said manner.

I was talking about 3G bands and as per the apple website there is no support for UMTS/HSDPA 1700 which is the t-mobile band.
Right. But as I was stating, if were to buy the N900 off-contract (is that the right term?) I couldn't take it to AT&T or Verizon... or just about anybody else but T-Mobile.

And that, is quite a limiting feature. Whereas you can jailbreak the iPhone - for instance - and use it on T-Mobile (voice, not sure about data) or other GSM providers.

Best way to get more objective is to go and troll some iphone forums and then come back with results

The Following User Says Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Best way to get more objective is to go and troll some iphone forums and then come back with results
I'd highly advice you not to do so to preserve your sanity and general belief in humanity

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
Be prepared to be hit with a ton of copy and paste from websites and press releases.

Oh wait. It's about the same as here

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
comparison, iphone, look! a, n00 idiot, n900, n900 v. iphone war