Active Topics

Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Originally Posted by chakotay_da_silver View Post
[..] they are now taking orders for the first batch..
They're actually taking orders for the _second_ batch (of 6000 units).

Well at least they managed to pre-sell all of the first batch then, I expect they had to back-fill quite a few empty slots after they withdrew the CC payment option.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
They're actually taking orders for the _second_ batch (of 6000 units).
While the first batch hasn't even shipped yet? They have guts... there are currently 0% satisfied customers.

Your information is slightly incorrect. They sold less than 2000 (probably closer to 1000) of the first batch which is supposed to be of about 4000 devices. The 6000 letters they send are an offer to people who originally registered an interest in the device to buy a device in the first batch.

Matan, you're correct (although I can't vote for the 1000-2000 numbers, I've never seen anything about that - we only know that the 3800 went down a bit). The way I've understood it, after more careful reading, is that the offer has indeed gone out to 6000 folks partly to offer access to the "leftovers" in the first batch, but Craix also said something about having kept the second batch ordering on ice too long, so it's about time to start it.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
They have no credit whatsoever. Only a handful of enthusiasts who are behaving zealous; unrealistic.
Just looked up 'zealous' in dictionary. Yes, nothing wrong with being zealous I guess. Fortunately this also includes those who are making the device. Otherwise I would be really worried. Unrealistic? No. It is like other opensource stuff, when it is done, it is done.
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Nokia however, has credit.
Yeah. So has Microsoft, Sony or Apple. So what? If their products doesn't fit my needs, why should I care?

Personally I don't care how many devices will both parties ship. I'm getting both Pandora and next tablet (betting on developer program) and I only care which one will be first on _my_ table. And if Openpandora goes under after they ship working unit to me, it is fine for me too, I already have one Tapwave Zodiac :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The release dates are unrealistic. Their roadmap is unrealistic. The company never delivered anything. Enthusiast is OK. But after some trouble and vague excuses I'd rather wait.

With an Apple you know the pros and cons. And you know it gets delivered. Same with Microsoft and Sony. Never do they allow one to preorder and then let you wait for 6 months with no product. Thus far, Pandora has sold no products yet because a sale is a transaction which is finalized.

And, I'm also interested in a Pandora (but not for myself).

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
@allnameswereout: It's just funny how much you care about the Pandora when you haven't even ordered one. It seems like the people here who ordered knew what they were getting into and accepted the risks. As for not having a track record: Most of the people involved with the Pandora have an excellent record as community members, but making a console from scratch was a new direction for them. Yes there have been bumps, but I'm confident they will ship a finished product.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
As I said, I pre-ordered mine 5 months ago, and was told shipping would be in December, should have it in hand by Christmas. I was then forced to recieve a refund of which was 75$ less than I paid at the time. Since then I have waited and waited and then I was told I cannot order unless I send a check or money order or bank transfer. Sorry, I don't send money to Nigeria either.

To those whose money is still in their hands, I wish you good luck, I fear you will need some good luck.

pb
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Well I did order one, and only backed out when the CC ordering was withdrawn. Realistically, even if CC ordering were still available and I'd kept at it, I'd be starting to get cold feet now, not due to the endless delays, vague time lines and endless repetition of the reasons behind the delays, but because the next Nokia device is getting closer (IMO) and the Pandora was, for me, just something to fill the gap.

I imagine everyone will indeed get their devices, but it's the very long wait that bothers me. Had we received these devices last November, they would have been pretty cutting edge, by the time I envisaged I might receive one, what with all the delays and my being at the end of the order list, there will at least by the new Nokia device around if not other things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox