Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Cute Tube does not seem to work on my phone anymore, nor watching videos in browser.
I found Cute Tube 2, which works, but i don't find it as good as the original.
Are there other alternatives for youtube?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
Cute Tube does not seem to work on my phone anymore, nor watching videos in browser.
I found Cute Tube 2, which works, but i don't find it as good as the original.
Are there other alternatives for youtube?
Cutetube on N9 and N900 is deprecated following API changes at YouTube/Google, and apparently Marxian preferred to start clean with cutetube 2 instead of an updated cutetube.

I haven't found any working alternatives.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Cant you flash a firmware from another region to make it work.
I did some research on this a while back and I believe I can flash to Singapore firmware to enable the FM transmitter. But with the demise of Nokia and OVI store etc, I didn't really want to reflash and risk not being able to reinstall all my programs. In particular I use Nokia maps a lot and the newer Android versions don't have bus routes information that I come rely on, so I don't want to have that messed up.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
you can watch videos in the browser my chamging the user agent to any of the following:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; AS; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux i686; Ubuntu/14.10) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.16
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_3) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/7046A194A

however th videos play in 360p which is memory intensive. i just like the proof of concept tho

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
N900 seems still to be the best internet radio player for different formats like ogg. Tried to listen Kohina with Jolla C today without success. Had to switch to N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by muto View Post
N900 seems still to be the best internet radio player for different formats like ogg. Tried to listen Kohina with Jolla C today without success. Had to switch to N900.
Yes, true. I also use it for internet radio.

And oh blasphemy, no need to install an "app" for that.

Those where the days where you could just expect such functionality to work right after unboxing.

Such a pleasant sound the N900 produces out of its stereo speaker set, it is quite a good table radio to listen to talk shows.

And in countries where internet connection is not top , the N900 seems to buffer the stream much better than a 300 Euro dedicated internet Radio (Airstream 10).

Nothing like streaming that internet radio to *any* car's FM radio while on the road.

When FM broadcast goes out of the air, the N900 will come to the rescue from day one to fee my vintage amp tuner with FM signal.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Epic week coming to an end. Keep the n900 charged all the way to end and beyond!

Two days to go.

What I like most? All the comments regarding the size of the n900...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
One nice thing is the included mahjong solitaired game, something I have missed on Jolla.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Lucky you. I find text on the N900 extremely difficult to read. In any light.
(
White background and black fonts are extremely easy to read on the N900 (I can even read it well without my reading glasses). I am sure you will agree if you try that out.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
One nice thing is the included mahjong solitaired game, something I have missed on Jolla.
Gameboy classic has two of my favorite Mahjong Solitaire games eg Shanghai / Shisenshou. You might try to install a gb emulator (assuming there is one for Jolla)

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post: