Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hey mscoin. Road trip?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Hey mscoin. Road trip?
Yup. On way to nearby Philadelphia.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Yup. On way to nearby Philadelphia.
Niiiiiice!!

what to do in philly?

Going to a friend's wedding. May do some sightseeing depending on time.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Going to a friend's wedding. May do some sightseeing depending on time.
Very good reason to go there. If you find anything interesting in the area. Please report back.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
My only time I spent in Philadelphia was a stopover on the way to Las Vegas (no direct flights from the UK, I wonder why).

Out flight was 4 hours delayed and we missed a connecting flight and had to wait till the next morning. The airline provided a hotel that was about 20 miles away and a single minibus with about 15 seats to shuttle 150 passengers. We were travelling with a baby. No one would even think about offering priority to families with little children so I had to be quite assertive to get a place on the third or fourth turn of that minibus.

On the positive side, the stopover completely eliminated my jet lag. I have travelled a number of times to the West coast and found I needed a few days to adjust to the 8-hours time difference. With a sleepover half-way through, I needed no adjustment at all

Had a nice weekend. Lovely wedding. Took a quick detour and drove through parts of Philadelphia. Stopped at the Museum of Art where the famous scene of Rocky climbing the steps was shot. I managed to jog up them! The other picture is looking out from museum. Not great pics on a foggy day, but hopefully gives a indication of the beauty of the city.
Attached Images

I'm happy to hear that!
Do you mean this scene
https://youtu.be/Z3aeLWnD5XQ

Or the other one

What's up with the blue sky. Looks a bit grayish...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm happy to hear that!
Do you mean this scene
https://youtu.be/Z3aeLWnD5XQ

Or the other one

What's up with the blue sky. Looks a bit grayish...
The one from the first movie. It was a rainy day in Philadelphia...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Say! Anyone seen that weirdo Ericsson around anymore? :P heh He was such a blind optimist apologizer for Nokia. Sometimes I still think of him--he's like our Baghdad Bob, the guy in Iraq who said there weren't any Americans in Baghdad while a US helicoper floated behind his head.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson