Since i've installed pr 1.3 the app "Call connected vibration" does'nt work anymore... the phone vibrate BEFORE the answer, when simply the line is free... anyone noticed this behaviour?

Cutetube won't play videos anymore...

Originally Posted by O'niZzy View Post
Received my OTA firmware upgrade here in New York about 8am this morning. After reading you guys comments for the past couple days, I've been playing with it all morning, and must say I'm not too impressed with pr 1.3 . Any fresh OS install will make the phone snappier, so it being snappier after the install and reboot was expected. I see small changes as many of you guys mentioned before.
I really think they should have done a couple big items, like getting skype video chat working (this might be software developer and not nokia's fault), or the ability to change fonts and font sizes.
Still no Notification for me here in Washington DC. I have maniuplated with the PR1.2 on my device (open mode and all) would that stop the upgrade notification? My current firmware version is 30.2012.07-1_PR_005

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ new york, NY
Originally Posted by raver2011 View Post
Cutetube won't play videos anymore...
Agreed, that really sucks too. Hopefully soon Cutetube has a fix for us

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ new york, NY
Originally Posted by biz78 View Post
Still no Notification for me here in Washington DC. I have maniuplated with the PR1.2 on my device (open mode and all) would that stop the upgrade notification? My current firmware version is 30.2012.07-1_PR_005
I don't think that would make a difference, I had Inception installed on pr 1.2. I still received the upgrade notification, but was warned that Inception is not compatible via a pop-up window. I'd say since I received the OTA upgrade today, yours should be today also, same region and all.

The Following User Says Thank You to O'niZzy For This Useful Post:
Must be traveling via Leif Ericson's route.

Originally Posted by pagis View Post
The key difference is apps, data, then I had no apps installed/purchased and flushing was ok. My mistake is that I should had changed the product code instead of flushing fw.
One of the reasons I bought the phone sim-free is to be able to install plain upgrades and not depend on customised provider ones ;-(
I have try all with phenix to change product code but it didn't work, i allmost breake my n9, i had to use fllasher to do dhe job, so you can do flashing your device without changing product code.

Originally Posted by O'niZzy View Post
Received my OTA firmware upgrade here in New York about 8am this morning. After reading you guys comments for the past couple days, I've been playing with it all morning, and must say I'm not too impressed with pr 1.3 . Any fresh OS install will make the phone snappier, so it being snappier after the install and reboot was expected. I see small changes as many of you guys mentioned before.
I really think they should have done a couple big items, like getting skype video chat working (this might be software developer and not nokia's fault), or the ability to change fonts and font sizes.
While I generally agree with you, let me just put in perspective that I have an iPhone 4 for longer than the N9, at the same price with a quarter of the memory/storage, which received only 1 major upgrade (where they added one or two UI things), as opposed to the N9 which received 3 (PR1.1 almost immediatelly, 1.2 and 1.3).

Just thought I'd mention it :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Is the eMMC in PR 1.3 the same as in PR 1.2? Thanks!

Yep, I've found it, it's not

Last edited by krystof_k; 2012-07-06 at 18:06.

Can I backup my applications with Nokia Suite, then load new PR1.3 with Nokia Suite, then restore (from backup) the applications?

I see a lot of posts about waiting for OTA to avoid losing apps and stuff, but I can't see why a backup/restore of data/applications would not solve that issue

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert