Dear knowledgeable ones,

I want a Fossil metawatch, but that is rather predicated on it working nicely with a Nokia N9.

While I realise that an app has yet to be developed for the N9 so that it can push notifications to the metawatch, i don't see that as a problem in itself.

However, according to this review:

http://thisismynext.com/2011/07/20/m...totype-review/

"The most immediate roadblock is broad handset compatibility. Fossil tells us that iOS 5 is the first
version that gives them a “realistic shot” at porting OpenWatch — and even then, Apple doesn’t expose full access to the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) that MetaWatch uses to communicate. Furthermore, SPP isn’t fully or properly implemented in many Android phones that Fossil has tried"
So my question is: Does the N9 expose full access to the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile?

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
A reply from David Rosales, someone who is I presume a metawatch developer:

"While it's not on our immediate list of projects, I don't think there are any Meego roadblocks with regards to Bluetooth or background tasks. Find me a developer who would like to help tackle it and own or contribute to an opensource project. Let's do it! "
I couldn't 'develop' my way out of a wet paper bag, so how about it?

The bluetooth stack (Bluez) in the linux kernel allows the use of the bluetooth serial port profile. This is also known as an rfcomm channel. Unless nokia messes with the bluetooth stack of the linux kernel (unlikely), communication with the metawatch should work.

BTW, Thanks for the notice on the fossil metawatch, I hadn't heard about it yet. I've played with the sony ericsson mbw-150 watch in the past with my nokias (mbw-150 to N900 works over rfcomm). I may need to pick up the metawatch and start development with the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jpw For This Useful Post:
my pleasure, i put this message down precisely for the purpose to attracting the interests of developers.

metawatch has passed FFC and due to ship on september the 29th:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/25/f...****ch-fantas/

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2011-09-09 at 15:37.

i thought i would raise this thread from the dead in order to raise awareness of the sowatch app created by javispedro to push notifications to metawatch smart-watches:

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4492

jalyst thought it would be useful to spread the word of its existance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
I contacted javispedro and he said that sowatch should work on N900 as long as latest packages for Qt and Qtmobility 1.2 are installed.

Sowatch currently supports digital Metawatch.

I've tried and failed to install Sowatch. The dependencies for Sowatch need the above packages but I can't locate the latest package for Qt anywhere on the web/repositories.

The Qt version needs to be >=4.7.4

After I installed the latest CSSU, I seem to have Qtmobility 1.2

Any ideas anyone?

apt-get -f install does not help

Would be cool for something like Metawatch to work with N900.

Note: I did start another thread on this, but it makes more sense to post here.

Last edited by Maeman; 2012-11-30 at 12:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maeman For This Useful Post: