Notices

@Copernicus

Do you think pierogi could be used to generate the codes to enable hidden service menu of LG tv?

http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph...IR_transmitter

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by xes View Post
Do you think pierogi could be used to generate the codes to enable hidden service menu of LG tv?
Yes; in fact, I've had the service menu and factory reset controls for LG TVs (and a few other brands) in Pierogi for a while now, I've just been too worried about people accidentally (or purposefully!) turning Pierogi into a TV-destroying tool. But when I updated the Macros last year, I made every control in Pierogi available, including the more dangerous ones. Use with caution!

Here's a little Pierogi Macro XML file that should make button #1 on the Macros control panel send the "service menu" command for the current keyset (assuming that that keyset has a service menu command defined):

Code:
<? xml version=1.0 ?>

<macropack name="Factory Controls">

<macro name="Service Menu" button="1">
  <send key="Service Menu"/>
 </macro>

</macropack>
Save this as a file somewhere on your N900, and then load it into Pierogi by selecting "Load New Pack" from the Macros panel.

And here's a link to more Pierogi Macro documentation:

http://jpietrzak8.github.io/Pierogi/macros.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Well, it has finally happened. The end is upon us. This may be a portent of the final days of mankind!

Alright, not really. But, after endless procrastination, I have gone ahead and finally promoted Pierogi version 1.1 up into Extras-Testing. If you feel that it is ready to be promoted all the way up into Extras, please do give it some testing, and then go to the Pierogi Extras-Testing package page and vote it up.

Or, if you feel that it needs more work, vote it down (and please do tell me why). Thanks!

(And yeah, this is not the end at all -- lots more work to be done in the future, such as improved macros, the proposed support for human-readable config files, a massively updated UI to support rotation, and more...)

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Save this as a file somewhere on your N900, and then load it into Pierogi by selecting "Load New Pack" from the Macros panel.
http://jpietrzak8.github.io/Pierogi/macros.html
Thanks for a really useful app!

I'm using LG TV Keyset 1 and want to activate the Service Menu, when I do the "Load New Pack", I get the following error:

Code:
QXmlStreamReader returned error. Expected '[a-zA-Z]', but got ''.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
how to keep screen dimmed or activate it by a tap when running pierogi ?
i know of that untick lock screen automatically but that is prevelant everywhere i just want in pierogi
upgraded from extras no issues ;

The Following User Says Thank You to davisrases For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I'm using LG TV Keyset 1 and want to activate the Service Menu, when I do the "Load New Pack", I get the following error:
Ah, sorry, I'm being sloppy with my XML. (I guess I should test before I post!) That first line (the xml version tag) needs to be written in a very specific way -- no spaces around the question marks, and double quotes around the version number. So, this should be a valid XML file (and I did test this time):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<macropack name="Factory Controls">

<macro name="Service Menu" button="1">
  <send key="Service Menu"/>
 </macro>

</macropack>

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davisrases View Post
how to keep screen dimmed or activate it by a tap when running pierogi ?
i know of that untick lock screen automatically but that is prevelant everywhere
Yeah, I've actually got that "lock screen automatically" unticked myself. I'm not sure exactly how to implement that on a per-app basis, though (or if it can be done at all). I'll do a little research.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Tamil Nadu, India
oh my oh my !
i freaked out when i saw my username diffrent next i opend mail to reply and guess what

this stays here to freak out other people who do not take the simplest of measures to protect their privacy or say personal data and let it get man handeld .From experince most ofen it turns bad
anyway i didnt go through any of em just logged out but scrolling down to logut i at least saw rainbow coloured headers ;
take care

nokiabot

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by davisrases View Post
this stays here to freak out other people
I'm afraid "other people" have NFI WTF you are talking about

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
that post was by me he forgot to remove his accounts so i let a reminder for other people to be cautious when ebaying their devices
thats it
cheers !

Last edited by nokiabot; 2015-02-16 at 17:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control