The previous model I sold was a 2005 edition, sold it to a member of this forum who was quite pleased! I purchased the 2006 model thinking it wouls have significant changes, but it did not. a buddy of mine is selling Road King so to scrape up cash the tablet has to go. I DO NOT like my reputation questioned! I have offered the purchaser the option to view it before he buys it, complete with reciept from Tiger Direct. I can not be more open than that!

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by gpalton
The previous model I sold was a 2005 edition, sold it to a member of this forum who was quite pleased! I purchased the 2006 model thinking it wouls have significant changes, but it did not. a buddy of mine is selling Road King so to scrape up cash the tablet has to go. I DO NOT like my reputation questioned! I have offered the purchaser the option to view it before he buys it, complete with reciept from Tiger Direct. I can not be more open than that!
I have to say, this is exactly correct. He is sending the tablet to me to inspect, to allay my worries of being scammed or something awful like that. I have agreed to immediately send payment pending verification that this tablet is not flawed somehow.

So, there you go.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My apologies... You do have to understand though, that after over a year here I've seen close to 50 scams involving the 770 on eBay, etc... not to mention the nature of the internet in general, avoiding the red tape and auditing of eBay makes it a lot easier. (Not to mention it didn't make sense to buy two and sell them at a loss within the same year). Makes sense now though.

Man. When did I become a cynic?

I agree with you Hedgecore, I was very hesitant at first. But he offered to send it first to show me it was the real deal, and not some scam. I think that is WAY above-board. So, basically I just wanted to show that gparton is not some scammer, but a genuinely nice guy. That's all. I'll be back here for more once I receive the tablet. I can't wait, there has been so much going on since I last sold mine in June!

Just wanted to let everyone know the deal has been completed and everything worked out just fine. the item was exactly as described, and I would like to thank Mr. Parton for sending the device for verification prior to me sending him payment. Amazing transaction! I am very satisfied, and would just like to let everyone know this guy is great!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
+ rep for gpalton.