Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Newegg. Lifetime warranty too.
Price is actually shockingly cheap. I paid a little more than this for my 1gb card a 6 months ago.

Does anyone know if the 770 can handle 2gb cards with the present kernel?

Last edited by Tweak; 2006-10-04 at 02:15.

im using a kingston 2gb card right now on it2006, you'll have to apply a patch with flasher-2 though using linux.

I bought this on Monday, and got it today. Very worth it. I used to use two 1GB, but then you have all of that extra space that you can't fit a full movie onto.
Plus, one is a lot harder to lose.
And Newegg is FAST!

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Kingston Newegg MMCM here too. This works like a charm.

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/49223.html

Are these the same type of cards that the 770 uses?

The RS-MMC, yes.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles

Originally Posted by NokNok770
im using a kingston 2gb card right now on it2006, you'll have to apply a patch with flasher-2 though using linux.
So the 770 can support these 2GB cards but can you actually use the full 2GB on it? I thought it could only go up to 1GB?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just kind of confused since Nokia said the max supported memory is 1GB so I'm curious to know if you actually get to use 2GB.

Hi guys. I just got a 770 a few days ago and updated to OS6. I am confused on how to get the new 2gb MMC card to work. I am not a total linux newbie, so something relatively simple as a walkthrough would be fantastic. I see other threads about this, but it seems there is an evolution on what to do to get it to work.

Please forgive if this post is a repeat. A link to the step by step instructions if they are already written out would be great. If there were a self extracting/installing application/OS patch that I could just install that would be best but I guess that isn't out yet.

Thanks all.

I am off to read more about this amazing device.

Zora - I second your request I'm not sure how to do it.