Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
w/ $50 rebate (quantities low)

Is this a sign that there is a new model comming out next month or just a sign that CompUSA is dropping this in favor of Origami devices??

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
It's a sign that I should get my as...up and go there to get my rebate. Don't look too much into it...Compusa is starvingf for money.

CompUSA is not dropping it. They have a HUGE deal with Nokia and it seems almost all of the Nokia stuff in CompUSA today was on sale. I got a nice Nokia blue tooth head set.

I also noticed on all the TV's they have like a CompUSA channel, and for a whole 5 minutes, there was a marketing video on the Nokia 770 in High Def. Very cool, went over all the features and everything.

The 770 is not going anywhere.

As far as compusa going downhill... yeah... Our sales seem to get better and better as we try to draw in more and more people and throw off some of the old stereotypes of the company... Dont get me wrong, i think that half the employees are *****s... But anyway...

There has been a huge support on the mobile side of technology at compusa lately... We keep getting more and more Unlocked nokia and motorola stuff in on a daily basis... And there has been a huge response to it... I know that when i have people come in looking for a PDA and just want it to get their email on, I always push them toward a 770 (seeing as i am madly in love with mine, as are the other three guys there I convinced to buy one)...

No real point to that... just some insight

I got one from Compusa yesterday.

Compusa has gotten a little better. My biggest complaint about them now is the salespeople will tell you that things are covered under their insurance (TAP), when they are not. I even took the sales rep to Compusa's website to show her... Her response: Don't tell them it got broken that way. Compusa really needs to straighten out there employees on things like this.

I'm already a big fan of the 770. I hate carrying my laptop into the server room, so I can read a procedure off the web. This is going to be so much better.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
CompUSA has its problems, but some retail presence is necessary for the 770 to be commercially successful. I hope they also build the cellular side of the business, which has become so carrier centric in the US. I was looking for a 6682 to pair w/ the 770 and they didn't have it.

I know that in Europe, used Nokia 770 prices in eBay have decreased in the last week. Before they were at almost the price new from Nokia (above 300), but now even some advertised as new can be had for 250 Euro or less from someone in Holland.
There are a number of the usual mobile phone scams (that now include the 770 in their list), but they seem affected too: I see fewer of them.
It could be just a side effect of the holidays, though.

Last edited by matmota; 2006-03-27 at 16:50.

Just so ya know...

The (TAP) plan listed on the COMPUSA website is not the one sold in store in this case (at least in dayton ohio)... The peripheral replacement plan covers wear and tear on things like keyboards, video cards, etc... At the one where i work Corporate told us to see the PDA kits on them... The PDA kit is more expensive ($100 for two years) But does cover damage to the screen (even acidental) and Theft assuming you file a police report. If any damage is done, You file a claim through our website or in store and a new one is sent to you in about 3-5 days.... If it is stolen, you come into the store with a police report... Its nice that all this is covered, the only down side is the hundred dollar price tag for it... Go figure....

Originally Posted by Solace
Just so ya know...

The (TAP) plan listed on the COMPUSA website is not the one sold in store in this case (at least in dayton ohio)... The peripheral replacement plan covers wear and tear on things like keyboards, video cards, etc... At the one where i work Corporate told us to see the PDA kits on them... The PDA kit is more expensive ($100 for two years) But does cover damage to the screen (even acidental) and Theft assuming you file a police report. If any damage is done, You file a claim through our website or in store and a new one is sent to you in about 3-5 days.... If it is stolen, you come into the store with a police report... Its nice that all this is covered, the only down side is the hundred dollar price tag for it... Go figure....
Hmm... I'll have to dig up my receipt and figure out which of the assorted plans I bought for mine back in late 2005. I specifically asked about screen coverage, and have a copy of the coverage guide mentioning it.