I purchased Navicore several months ago and it worked great until I installed OS2008. I entered my Navicore license code when prompted by the Map application, but it doesn't seem to accept the license. Everytime I try to access map, it prompts me to enter the license code or purchase wayfider. Has anyone else had this problem? I paid a small fortune for the Navicore kit, and now it is worthless with OS2008 installed. Along those same lines, is it possible to somehow remove the license code after it has been entered? Thanks for the help.

I could activate the map-app from wayfinder with my old navicore2007 key without any problems. If you look in the menu, there is an option to disable the license, which I did before flashing OS2008, but this info is to late for you of course. Maybe you should contact wayfinder.

Last edited by Nikem; 2007-12-23 at 00:57.

Thanks. I wish I had thought of that prior to switching to OS2008. Man, what a pain in the neck. I'm sure I will have a heck of a time getting through to customer service at Wayfinder. Is there any way to disable the installed license and reinstall after going to OS2008? I don't see that option anywhere.

I believe I am having this same issue. After upgrading to OS2008, I am unable to access Navicore. I downloaded the latest version, it won't accept the license. It confirms that my license is valid, but never unlocks the map.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I have free maps for USA east. I dont care about voice navigation. I just want to know where I am. I already know where Im going.

Unlocking the maps? The maps are free.

Okay - I installed the Navicore, North America West maps, and entered the license. However, no map shows up when I run the application. Not sure how to describe the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally Posted by JeffPS View Post
Okay - I installed the Navicore, North America West maps, and entered the license. However, no map shows up when I run the application. Not sure how to describe the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hmm, do you mean navicore = wayfinder?

you cannot use navicore navigation sw with OS2008. Use Map application with OS2008 and download maps via WLAN connection.

Open Map application > clikc Menu key > maps

???

I have just bought navicore for UK/Ireland/N.Europe (and I have N800 updated to OS2008), installed no problem, added license key and away I go ... not.

I can connect to bluetooth thing, I get a satellite signal and I can see which way is north and what my position is.

but I don't see any maps, nothing to select in 'maps in device' list ... do you really mean to say it's not working, at all, with OS2008???

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
You need to download the maps and a voice, search around in the menu's you'll find it!

I have all that from the DVD it all came with, all loaded up to the 16gb internal memoery card I use for media files and other stuff.

have just uninstalled 'map' and tried to install 'navicore' and screwed everything up, trying to reinstall navicore agian now from files transfered from dvd via usb connection, as described in the accompanying guide