Notices

Originally Posted by Midnite_Rider View Post
well, if a single character (" ' ") causing an entire script to crash isn't a bug, than I don't know what is, (and it does crash, I checked).

I'm not trying to do anything unusual in the beecon, just trying to extract data from $QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT, and it works just fine, until it encounters a single quote in the dbus message, how is that not a bug ?

why would I need to add several extra lines of code just to handle quote chars when a:
"my_variable=$QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT"
should suffice for ALL printable chars.?

and that screenshot you posted shows that the script is clearly NOT running on your widget.
I'm sorry I can't help you more than this.

Ok, no problem .

I did my part & reported the issue,
and it's up to you of course, if you choose to do anything about it, or not .

Good luck with your app

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
just a litle something something i did with beecon .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
No!No!No!Yes! the backup of Queen Beecon Widgets to the backup zip files done by the Backup app fails to include
Code:
/home/user/.queen_beecon
I think this is because the file is permanently open.

If in XTerm you type:
Code:
dbus-monitor --system --monitor type='signal',path='/com/nokia/backup',interface='com.nokia.backup'
and then make a backup, you will see Backup will notify the dbus when it starts and stops (weirdly it also notifies of a restore )

Perhaps all widgets could/should be paused when the Backup app runs or at least the updating of the file should wait until the backup has completed. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands

I've been using Queen Beecon for quite some time now and I consider this to be the #1 application for the N900.
It's a flexible, efficient method to create GUIs of which you know exactly what they do and how they perform.

I still prefer to write proper scripts and launch them in Xterm for complex tasks, but QBW is great for the smaller things which you activate and deactive often.

Thank you, No!No!No!Yes!.
You're a valuable member of the Maemo-community and I believe you should be treated as one way more often.

Edit:
New screenshot. + Changed the layout of the post.

Last edited by ffha; 2011-03-01 at 13:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
No!No!No!Yes! the backup of Queen Beecon Widgets to the backup zip files done by the Backup app fails to include
Code:
/home/user/.queen_beecon
I think this is because the file is permanently open.

If in XTerm you type:
Code:
dbus-monitor --system --monitor type='signal',path='/com/nokia/backup',interface='com.nokia.backup'
and then make a backup, you will see Backup will notify the dbus when it starts and stops (weirdly it also notifies of a restore )

Perhaps all widgets could/should be paused when the Backup app runs or at least the updating of the file should wait until the backup has completed. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem.
Thanks for reporting and I promise I'll have a look at it.
Can't promise a pin on Calendar though, as I'm currently in the middle of several work missions abroad.
Ciao.

how to make accuweather widget same like yahoo weather any one help me please

The Following User Says Thank You to NOMIOMI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Gyus i know, this probably was asked and answered before but, i want to get rid of my ussd widget, and do ussd queries with Queen Beecon, is this possible? Please excuse me for my lazyness.
P.S. and if yes, where to put the code, that helps me to get rid of annoying message after or before my actual account stand? like "30$" and not: "Your account has 30$ and etc...."

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
ok, i've been doing a lots of searches, but didn't found what i was looking for .
ok all what i want is 2 queen beecons to load 2 different kernel-config profiles, i know its very easy, but the problem i'm facing is that i want to know which profile i'm currently using from the widgets .
i already know how to load the profile from the beecon .
in simple words :
-i have 2 queen beecons, each loads a different overclocking profile .
-but what i want is that when i click one i want it to load a picture while the other one load another picture .
-or when click one its gets highlited, while the other gets lowlighted -or something like this :

with one beecon that goes from one profile to the other .

P.S. :
-do you know where i can find the instructions to the beecons in the picture above ?
- my 2 overclock profiles are called : myconfig ( 850mhz) and superconfig (1 ghz) .

thanks No!No!No!Yes! for all your hard work, this widget is of the hook !

Last edited by elie-7; 2011-03-09 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
ok, i've been doing a lots of searches, but didn't found what i was looking for .
ok all what i want is 2 queen beecons to load 2 different kernel-config profiles, i know its very easy, but the problem i'm facing is that i want to know which profile i'm currently using from the widgets .
i already know how to load the profile from the beecon .
in simple words :
-i have 2 queen beecons, each loads a different overclocking profile .
-but what i want is that when i click one i want it to load a picture while the other one load another picture .
-or when click one its gets highlited, while the other gets lowlighted -or something like this :

with one beecon that goes from one profile to the other .

P.S. :
-do you know where i can find the instructions to the beecons in the picture above ?
- my 2 overclock profiles are called : myconfig ( 850mhz) and superconfig (1 ghz) .

thanks No!No!No!Yes! for all your hard work, this widget is of the hook !
If you are trying to have one button that switches from 850 to 1000 and back again, then you could modify the instructions in the wiki for an on/off button:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...N.2FOFF_Button
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...289#post823289

The if statement in the command line could set the OC to 850 at startup and switch between 850 and 1GHz when the icon is pressed.
You set Beecon Status = 0 to be your 1GHz icon and Beecon Status = 1 to be the 850 icon so that the icons change when pressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Beatty For This Useful Post: