Active Topics

Closed Thread
I guess donations and advertising must do the trick. What numbers are we talking about here?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
Is there any open existing community who may be interested to host us ?

I would start with OpenTablets.org...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Maybe we should all start prasing Mr. Elop, he may keep funding for this place going as it would surely be the only source of positive attention he would recieve.

No wonder Market Watch described him as "the worst CEO ever".
Read the article a bit more carefully.

In any event (and this is general, not aimed at jd4200) let's keep this civil, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Dan knows where he is coming from and going to especially with qgil but the problem is qgil tried his best to shut dan up.

Qgil talks riddles and always has done, he never tells it straight or to the point, instead he leaves everyone guessing and i don't like his attitude on here because as far i see it it stinks and i just wonder what his game is.

The problem with this community is it does not have a REAL NOKIA spokes person who is prepared to come on here and talk clear and to the point and the very reason why so many people get it all wrong simply because of people like qgil who talks about as much sense as mud !!.
That's absolute rubbish. Not one word of it is true. You owe Quim one hell of an apology.

Why are you here again?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That's absolute rubbish. Not one word of it is true. You owe Quim one hell of an apology.

Why are you here again?
if you had read this very thread a little more carefully, you would have noticed that i pointed out that Quim being a NOKIA employee shouldn't be mistaken as him being a NOKIA spokesperson.
not being aware of this can of course give the feeling Quim is dangling information at us and rise frustration, no?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't see that reading the thread more carefully would render Texrat's comment untrue or inapt.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
if you had read this very thread a little more carefully, you would have noticed that i pointed out that Quim being a NOKIA employee shouldn't be mistaken as him being a NOKIA spokesperson.
not being aware of this can of course give the feeling Quim is dangling information at us and rise frustration, no?
I read very carefully. I'm responding to abill_uk, not you, and he's out of line, period.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
I guess donations and advertising must do the trick. What numbers are we talking about here?
Good question.
I would love to be able to keep using the forums, wiki, repositories and being able to download and use firmware images and the Scratchbox and Qt SDK for all of my tablets and Maemo/MeeGo phones.
A project like Linux mint also has similar things (forum, howto guides, repositories etc.) and is funded with donations and advertisement. Would that be possible for maemo.org also?
I would be willing to donate.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This is a replay of a lengthy discussion; I am sure the current council are up on the details and will be ready with possible plans. It will be nice to see a proposal that is relatively complete; I am not interested in pie in the sky ideas that people like me might come up with, but something actually doable.I'm sure donations and ads will both be part of the package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post

Why are you here again?
Hey Texy i resent that remark and i might remind you this community praises itself for freedom of speech AND you need to read all my posts not just that one OK.

Qgil cannot say it the way he would like too because he is directed by Nokia and the very reason i said a REAL Nokia spokesperson meaning someone who could tell it the way it is for everyone to read.
Now if you want to debate this then ok am with you so fire away you shot the first round and i will follow in any event.

And in answer to your last comment......i am as much entitled to be on here as you ok.

Closed Thread

Tags
citation needed