For those that may not know, there is a Nmap GUI front-end which seems to work on the N900. When you install Nmap an icon is not created for it, but it can be run from xterm by running Zenamp from:

/opt/nmap/usr/bin/zenmap

The GUI is reasonable size on the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mail_e36 For This Useful Post:
Works running like user, but when I try to run as root I get this:
Attached Images

Try run-standalone.sh zenmap

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
Try run-standalone.sh zenmap
Works. Thank you very much

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ United States
I had left the Zenmap bits in the last build of Nmap in anticipation of having a working Zenmap someday, but unfortunately I don't have the time or Python expertise. I left out any way to get to it via the UI because it isn't properly Hildonized and is quite ugly at the N900's resolution. If it's useful to you, then by all means use it!

terminal3,

Thank you for working on this project. In my very limited testing it appears Zenmap works reasonably well, even given the tiny screen size. Is Zenmap completely un-Hildonized, or was there some visualization tuning done? If none was done, it looks pretty darn good for an app ported directly from the desktop version with no modifications!

Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
I had left the Zenmap bits in the last build of Nmap in anticipation of having a working Zenmap someday, but unfortunately I don't have the time or Python expertise. I left out any way to get to it via the UI because it isn't properly Hildonized and is quite ugly at the N900's resolution. If it's useful to you, then by all means use it!

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ United States
The basic functions of Zenmap do work, it's just not "finger-friendly" and not everything displays correctly on the screen. No UI work was done, only very slight tuning to the build process and optifying it all. Anything written with PyGTK should show up on the N900, but it may not render very well (the application menu is one of the more frustrating parts to use).

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
terminal3,

Thank you for working on this project. In my very limited testing it appears Zenmap works reasonably well, even given the tiny screen size. Is Zenmap completely un-Hildonized, or was there some visualization tuning done? If none was done, it looks pretty darn good for an app ported directly from the desktop version with no modifications!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terminal3 For This Useful Post:
Nonetheless, it's still useful given its graphic limitations. I have noticed, however, that if you perform a scan of a website (such as www.google.com) the Topology (drawing a map) function crashes ZenMap. Interestingly, if you scan yourself (localhost), the map drawing works fine.

Any thoughts on this?

Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
The basic functions of Zenmap do work, it's just not "finger-friendly" and not everything displays correctly on the screen. No UI work was done, only very slight tuning to the build process and optifying it all. Anything written with PyGTK should show up on the N900, but it may not render very well (the application menu is one of the more frustrating parts to use).

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
For those that may not know, there is a Nmap GUI front-end which seems to work on the N900. When you install Nmap an icon is not created for it, but it can be run from xterm by running Zenamp from:

/opt/nmap/usr/bin/zenmap

The GUI is reasonable size on the N900.
This isn't in the repositories... how do you come by it?

Originally Posted by tehowe View Post
This isn't in the repositories... how do you come by it?
nmap is in the repositories. zenmap is also added in the same package

The Following User Says Thank You to littlebadger For This Useful Post: