Would I have a longer battary life if I used a lower voltage running at default speed?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Yes.
In theory you'd get even more battery life if you overclock and undervolt as the processor is able to return to idle faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Might be worth running some tests using the battery monitor to prove it
Although there are very many variables, such as outside temperature etc...

Also, understanding how long in state is useful, so knowing how often your device is running at what speed + what voltage

But, running tests and posting battery graphs is always welcome
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Well I amazed at what I've seen so far. At 600Mhz on starving's profile, I've been running it for 24 hours now and battery is just about half. It is smooth or even smoother than my LV profile at 1.1Ghz.

I'm able to open up 30 apps at once with minimal lag. I play music while opening up documents, games and browsing the internet.

I don't understand this. It feels like it's overclocked, but it's not. It's just using less voltage now.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShaolinMilk For This Useful Post:
where can i get this profile?

Originally Posted by robertattard View Post
where can i get this profile?
Afaik its included in the kernel-power settings package

erm? how can i get a kernel? sorry noob question haha but i cnt find it in d repo

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
The best thing to do to prevent yourself from asking questions like these is to search, search and search again, and maybe if you can't find the answer then ask a question. But here's a few hints: First read the wiki on overclocking, you need "kernel power" to overclock/undervolt and you'll find the latest stable version in the testing repo, there's a newer version in the devel repo, but don't use that unless it has a feature you really need.