Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
I will probably take the place of notifying the maemo.org community, through talk.maemo.org of any worthy updates and news. This is actually the reason for the poll, some particularly vocal members, will, I hope, take notice of the views here. If it swings the other way, I will probably remove myself from talk.maemo.org as well.
To answer the question sure, please continue to post here on t.m.o. I would encourage you to post as you see fit. While there may be some people who seem to demand more than they deserve to be given, it's probably better to post when it is warranted by circumstances. I encourage MeeGo devs to not be put off by the poor conduct of individual members.

Also, there are other parts of maemo.org, such as planet, mailing lists, council, where information can be received and may be better processed. t.m.o. is the community's public square where things can get confusing with low snr, and not the best place for fostering cooperation between related projects.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
I find tmo as good a source of Meego info relating to the N900 as the Meego handset forum, probably due to the fact that many of us are still dual booting maemo and meego and thus have one foot in each field (or one foot in the grave...)
There's a section for it already, and if some aren't interested, they don't need to read it.
Just my .02c

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
* bumping again to increase thread visibility *

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
*Voted*

Yes, post. It doesn't harm anyone if you do. The people who don't like or care about MeeGo have the permission to not read the posts in question.

Those of us who care will still want to read about it - especially those of us who care but already have a limited amount of forums they can frequent in a day. Currently I'm a Maemo 5 user, and I use this forum. I haven't yet gotten into the habit of checking the MeeGo community, and I doubt I will until I'm regularly using MeeGo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
@Mentalist Traceur, thanks for your vote and feedback

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Maemo, MeeGo, it's all the same. The idea of having a free software based desktop operating system power a mobile device. The name changed, MeeGo seems a bit more open than Maemo... But who knows, if Intel and Nokia hadn't joined forces (?) for MeeGo, Maemo 6 (or Maemo 7 by now, most probably) could be technically what MeeGo is today.

I just see MeeGo as Maemo 7. Different name, same technology, same idea. So yes, please keep the information coming to maemo(7).org

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
@benny1967, my sentiments exactly, I think to a lot of users here, they probably don't care about "open" or "linux", and I think there are a few that pretend they do. But that is the original idea behind maemo.org and the community we built here. Thanks for your feedback

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes. Meego must take over the world. And a good place to start is the maemo.org. I just have to get moderator rights and kick out abill_Uk

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yes. Meego must take over the world. And a good place to start is the maemo.org. I just have to get moderator rights and kick out abill_Uk
I just would like him to stop talking like he's a loony and face reality. He's not the God of maemo.org he thinks he is.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I must admit, I don't understand why anyone would feel driven away from this site because of a couple "bad apples"!

Anything that can keep the site, the n900 and this community thriving should by ALL MEANS BE ENCOURAGED!!

Now if we can just figure out how to get those quality contributors back all would be right with the "Maemo.org" world!

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance