so, my n900 barely lasts 10 hrs on 1 charge. i thought "hey, maybe it's b/c i had widgets x, y, z running" so i wiped everything and started from scratch (PR1.2), yet i still have the poor battery life. i have bluetooth and wifi on, but even then 10 hrs of standby, no talking, seems a bit poor doesn't it? i haven't installed ANYTHING at all, and am using Nokia Messaging as well as skype and gtalk.
is the battery covered by the warranty?

Originally Posted by jobber99 View Post
so, my n900 barely lasts 10 hrs on 1 charge. i thought "hey, maybe it's b/c i had widgets x, y, z running" so i wiped everything and started from scratch (PR1.2), yet i still have the poor battery life. i have bluetooth and wifi on, but even then 10 hrs of standby, no talking, seems a bit poor doesn't it? i haven't installed ANYTHING at all, and am using Nokia Messaging as well as skype and gtalk.
is the battery covered by the warranty?
I find that 3G also consumes battery. if you combine that with wifi. Things get ugly.

If you have wifi on, at least switch from 3G to GSM.

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...lection-applet

10 hrs no talking though? is that normal?
my iphone is on 3G and wifi, with my stereo bluetooth connected, and that lasts the day.

Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
I find that 3G also consumes battery. if you combine that with wifi. Things get ugly.

If you have wifi on, at least switch from 3G to GSM.

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...lection-applet
I'm going on 72hrs and battery is still at 50%. I have no SIM installed, and running on WiFi the whole time, with weather/email/facebook updating.

My 900 got wet and the screen is dark, but is still functional/visible if external light shines on it. I normally can go 24-36hrs of normal use in a full signal 3G area. Not much difference in 2G/2.5G mode.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seriously, nobody has anything positive to post? Guess I'm gonna have to enjoy my tablet and stop reading these forums.

Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
Seriously, nobody has anything positive to post? Guess I'm gonna have to enjoy my tablet and stop reading these forums.

I think the consensus is that the battery lasts about 24hrs on average. But as always, YMMV. Being logged into Skype will tax the battery and that 24 hour time will be harder to acheive.

As I stated, I'm at 72hrs with 50% battery left...though that is with a bad LCD, I've never had that much run time even with minimal use. Cellular radio seems to be the biggest drain.

Yes. If you have WiFi, Bluetooth (Also Connected) and 3G on. Your mobile will not last very long. Even without talking.

I'm going on 72hrs and battery is still at 50%. I have no SIM installed, and running on WiFi the whole time, with weather/email/facebook updating.

My 900 got wet and the screen is dark, but is still functional/visible if external light shines on it. I normally can go 24-36hrs of normal use in a full signal 3G area. Not much difference in 2G/2.5G mode.
That's what I said. WiFi alone won't do it. However, WiFi and 3G combined will.

Also, you've explained yourself the reason for your good performance. Screen Brightness is another strong factor for battery life. The lower the better.

For me, switching from 3G to 2G made a difference. At least a few more hours. Thus, I suggest it. What do you have to lose?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
turn your bluetooth off, it'll last twice as long.

Auto disconnect is a really good app to get, it turns things like bluetooth, 3g etc off if not used

Im annoyed at my battery life. I barely get 6-8 hours out of it.

I also have the Extras plugin to Conversations that keeps me connected to Skype, OVI, Yahoo, ICQ, and Gtalk.. and usually I have XChat IRC running all day too.

My wife seems to get significantly better battery life with her CLIQ though.. somewhat annoying.. but I'm just accustomed to carrying a charger with me everywhere now..
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-08-13 at 19:37.

I found that Blackberry gave me the most battery life. Going 3 days with everything on and getting stuff.

If doing the same thing with N900, iPhone, HTC Desire, it would last only 1, maybe 1.5 days.

It's something with modern devices. More stuff are packed in, but batteries aren't keeping up. You got big screens, touch, 3g, wifi, gps, BT, media applications.......