Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
The just released the new HSPA+ theoretical 21Mbps on some mayor cities in the US, including Dallas where I live, so far Ive gotten a bit over 4Mb download speeds from speedtest.net

Check it out on here

n900 as far as i can remember can go up to 10Mbps, still over most other smartphones capped at 7.2Mpbs (including the iphone4).

In my opinion is better than the current 4G options available. and you can always use mobilehotspot app for your laptop on the go.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
but curiously not boston even though it was one of the cities mentioned in the the original press release

wtf tmobile?!

this is good. I think tmobile network is making themselves a great target for mobile manufacturers coming forth with new data intensive models

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
Wow, I got 6.37 Download and 1.98 Upload in Atlanta

Last edited by Abemelek; 2010-06-16 at 17:40.

how will i know if this speed is working in LA and can my phone take advantage of this speed ' do i need to reset anything on my phone as well ?

I love how I was able to get this starting a few weeks ago:

...but only in an area 3 miles from my house.

At home, still only avg. ~900Kbs

will TMO send us a heads up on this action when LA is going live ?

Originally Posted by Edsal View Post
will TMO send us a heads up on this action when LA is going live ?
I got this email from T-Mo a few weeks ago:

"Good news! Over the last several months, we have significantly enhanced our wireless network throughout the Washington, DC metro area. That means improved coverage for all of our customers. Faster speeds and more reliable connections, so you can do what you want, when you want.
Last year alone T-Mobile invested more than $70 million in our DC network to ensure that you have the reliable coverage you need and expect.

Network upgrades include:
- 412 cell sites upgraded to 3G
- 65 new cell sites constructed
- Coverage provided for 20 underground Metro stations throughout the DC area

More Improvements on the Way
You're always on the go, and you need wireless access to family, friends and the services you care about most. That’s why we never stop working to keep our network strong. This year, we will invest an additional $60 million in network improvements throughout the DC metro area. For example:
We'll boost our 3G network even more with our HSPA+ technology. This means customers will
see mobile broadband speeds up to five times faster than currently available on our 3G network.

We'll expand coverage to another 30 Metro stations
."

Map of changes:

http://www.t-mobile-takeaction.com/a...ge_4_12_10.pdf

cool for DC i'm waiting on that letter here in LA i hope my phone will know to use this speed when arrives in LA !

and tmobile users all over the internet are posting speed tests vs evo 4g in 4g areas and smoking them. Hilarious