I just noticed on specs page, they list caldav support, woooohooo

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
btw, where is the 2-stage camera shutter button??
I was told that there will be one. But I do not see it.
I didn't find it either when I had the N9 in my hand! hmmmmm.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
That Nokia PR is ******** and the whole world can see through it. That what we got today is not MeeGo, not NIT, hell, not even Nokia. It is but a stepping stone to WP7. This should have been a Symbian or WP7 phone, period.

My apologies to all the good people that worked on the N9 and MeeGo UI, my rant has nothing to do with you guys (or the phone, for that matter - I just wanted an NIT and not an iPhone clone), but with management decisions.

I'm just feeling disruptive today.
I'm still not sure what you are saying, but aren't you confusing Nokia PR with blogging noise? It is not Nokias fault or responsibility that every word Elop say is twisted and then repeated infinitely by bloggers who have some pubic hate/love relationship with every commercial entity that produce consumer electronics.

I started giving up all hopes for Maemo/MeeGo, but Nokia actually has pulled it off. They have created a perfect consumer device based Harmattan. The N9 is a big victory for Maemo and Nokia. Now, be happy

in my opinion, what nokia is heralding as some kind of great new thing(swipe) has been there for a while in webos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Certainly not worthy of an upgrade from my N800. This is as far from a Linux desktop experience as as handset can get. It's like going Android--and when it comes down to choosing the N9 or any PLETHORA of the Android devices out there, I'll stick with Android, thanks. What a let-down, Nokia.
I am still to understand why would you want a Linux desktop experience on a much much smaller handheld device ? Simply because it can be done ? But the why not have a Mac OS desktop experience on an iPhone ?

Simply because it doesnt make sense usability wise.

But again thats me.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
btw, where is the 2-stage camera shutter button??
I was told that there will be one. But I do not see it.
I didn't find it either when I had the N9 in my hand! hmmmmm.
Doesnt look like it. I guess they assumed we dont need it since the iPhone doesn't have it.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
Doesnt look like it. I guess they assumed we dont need it since the iPhone doesn't have it.
Yup. I am getting sick of this "simplicity" or "dumbing down" of phones.
Soon, they will get rid of volume buttons and say touch is better.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Why does this need a microsim? is it because its so thin? S2 is thinner and has a full size SIM and an SD slot.
to make it easier for iphone users to jump ship right away as this N9 has that "eye-candy" appeal

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
They have created a perfect consumer device based Harmattan. The N9 is a big victory for Maemo and Nokia. Now, be happy
I thought I never agree with you but this is spot on. However, as I mentioned before. Why now? According to Nokia consumer devices would be WP based.

Great to see though that one can create a great UX without having to rely on hardware improvements. Apart from fringe use-cases someone has to come up with real reasons why they need beefier CPU/GPUs.

So IF this device can run "open" AND "closed" applications at the same time and the UX is modifiable then this would be a pretty good device even for us nerdy types.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
Hallo,
What about build in skype,sip,google talk.......
Of we get these as app..........?the build in in n900 is just great one contact with more call option like sip skype google.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????