Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
How do we all know that this is reality and not a dream?
Wake up, nikos523...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Wake up, nikos523...
And smell the ashes.

Also, in about a month it's been a year since the Pro1 was announced, then under the ReadyFx brand.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
And smell the ashes.
Nah.. Wake up, an follow the good rabbit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
"Universe is a hologram" was sprayed on a street nearby.

I just got a movie idea. To make a movie of this thread, showing (fictionally) what people have reacted between posts and how some have sipped their whiskey while writing, others ripping their hair of and picturing all the time the chronology of the production work going on with the F(x)Tec team.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
"Universe is a hologram" was sprayed on a street nearby.

I just got a movie idea. To make a movie of this thread, showing (fictionally) what people have reacted between posts and how some have sipped their whiskey while writing, others ripping their hair of and picturing all the time the chronology of the production work going on with the F(x)Tec team.
The Making Of: Fxtec Pro1

I'd totally watch that!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
The Making Of: Fxtec Pro1

I'd totally watch that!
No, The Making Of: Fxtec Pro1 would be completely different movie. The making of [...], seen via TMO, would be like watching Gogglebox (Sohvaperunat in Finland) type TV show, which is basically a real-life TV series of people sitting on the couch and watching and commenting TV series. So we could make our own Gogglebox about us commenting the making of the Pro1.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
please remind me about the bootloader... did they promise it to be completely unlocked? so I can root or flash anything I wish? (unlike major manufacturers)
As far as I know yes, it is unlocked.

This is a quote from their official website here:
"With the Pro1 you have the flexibility with the unlocked bootloader enabling you to load other popular OS’s such as Lineage and Sailfish"
So they are currently show on their website that it is unlocked as they also said earlier.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Canceling pre orders will only lead to one point. No company/team will ever try to bring us a niche product as we love. Neo900 was an amazing project and even so people just gave up when the team told everybody that they could not go any further. It is sad to see people leaving this boat because of a delay and it will sure not give us a Pro 2 in the future for sure. Chen and team, i am with you guys until the end

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
C'mon man...
Really?
There is no comparison to the neo...at this point at least.
Also...what do you expect from folks when a project declares that they are kaput??
Stay and keep dumping money and time and effort into a project that officially has said it isn't going anywhere?

Sorry...
No thanks.
Did that one already.
I forked out funds for half a neo ...
In my fervent belief.
And stuck it out...even when the writing was on the wall, and it was obvious, and I should have just gotten my refund like others did, instead of blindly and stupidly believing in a project that was Soooo not going anywhere...and Soooo obviously too.
Instead I hung in there ...
And watched it flushed away.
Sure supporting an endeavour is good...
And it is important...

But please don't go and say folks walked away...
That isn't the whole of the truth of it
And please don't think folks are silly enough to "hang in there" beyond what is sanely reasonable to....
Out of an exacerbated sense of loyalty.

All that being said...
So far...the only issue that the fx has suffered from ...are understandable delays...
So it isn't anywhere near the N.I.P. ("Neo Implosion Point") yet.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2019-10-07 at 14:20.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
and what happens if I brick the Pro1? can we have same option as maemo-flasher for desktop computer and just reflash it even if it won't boot?
then we all laugh forever after with big

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit