Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
I would like to see the tablet with Gorilla glass no mattering if it is version 1 or OGS glass, is import to prevent ugly scratches.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Sounds like the plastic they use had some problem.

I don't represent Jolla and I have no idea about original production, but sounds rather like the original small batch of J Tabs are kind of pre-production PVT devices. (Was only about 1K that was produced)

We will make sure the MP devices uses the better plastic.
That is nice to know, altough I myself have not had any problems with my tablet (or did not have any while I still had it, I donated mine as Codinc Competition prize...)
Could be it is some environmental thingy, I used mine regularily pretty much everywhere and never saw any peeling or whatever.

Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
I would like to see the tablet with Gorilla glass no mattering if it is version 1 or OGS glass, is import to prevent ugly scratches.
Now this I think is probably unlikely, since if the display unit will be same as in the original device, and as it is a together-laminated single piece of glass that comes from a subcontractor it is not possible to change the spec, right?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
More updates:

- I'm pushing to launch the campaign by this week. And the duration won't be long, want to deliver the product as quick as I can...

- The 3G version is cancelled.

- Only 2 storage options: 32GB and 64GB. 32GB will be grey/black and 64GB will be red. The 128 GB is cancelled because recently the eMMC memory price has gone up dramatically. The 128GB chip costs a lot more than 2*64GB. It adds unnecessary cost to the customer. Given that MicroSD is available we decided to keep it 64GB
Attached Images

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
More updates:

- I'm pushing to launch the campaign by this week. And the duration won't be long, want to deliver the product as quick as I can...

- The 3G version is cancelled.

- Only 2 storage options: 32GB and 64GB. 32GB will be grey/black and 64GB will be red. The 128 GB is cancelled because recently the eMMC memory price has gone up dramatically. The 128GB chip costs a lot more than 2*64GB. It adds unnecessary cost to the customer. Given that MicroSD is available we decided to keep it 64GB
What about second microsd slot then?
Or second microusb to charge device at the same time when using some OTG devices?

Usb Type C 2.0 is also cancceled?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
What about second microsd slot then?
Or second microusb to charge device at the same time when using some OTG devices?

Usb Type C 2.0 is also cancceled?
Because the PCB and molding have already freezed, it costs a lot to amend them (money and time)

Will have to see if this old PCB can support this without changing the layout (mostly not)

And changing from Micro USB to Type C not only involved changing connector, slight change of moulding, and also need to changing the PCB layout. Too much cost...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Good. Speed is key!

But it's too soon for me unless I'm a lucky winner in jolla "random" refund game the first of July.

Good luck and hope you can trick someone to fund a one peice Lauta next.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Great! , 64gb red sounds perfect .

Any idea on price?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Bummer on 128GB. Understandable about the 3G.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Good. Speed is key!

But it's too soon for me unless I'm a lucky winner in jolla "random" refund game the first of July.

Good luck and hope you can trick someone to fund a one peice Lauta next.
Finger crossed on your refund game.

A modern QWERTY slider is my goal this year.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Great! , 64gb red sounds perfect .

Any idea on price?
Will be cheaper than Jolla Tablet. The exact price will be disclosed later this week.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os