Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Careful though, I experimented with the built in health app (on Android via gadgetbridge) and found that all the extra traffic to and from the watch drained the battery really quickly (about 1 day from fully charged, vs the normal battery life of ~7 days).
I think in case of my app whis would not be a problem. The sports data
will be shown on the watch only while the training session. Unless you do an iron man, everything should be fine
Interesting thing is, if the gadgetbridge guys found out how to send data to Sports API, we might be able to see how they done it.

Edit:
I found some informations from gadgetbridge on Sport API:
https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Ga...sport-and-golf

Last edited by jdrescher; 2017-05-02 at 13:42. Reason: Adding informations

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Heretic question maybe.

With pebble watches dying off in the next 2-5 years, how viable would it be to "make" rockpool compatible to Asteroid OS and thus some of your work on rockpool more future proof?

My Pebble Steel has severe display controller issues, so i flashed AsteroidOS on a LG Watch R my brother abondened.
Frankly, i am using last nights alpha build and am utterly impressed by how complete this thing already feels to suit my humble usecase.
If only Asteroid could pair with SFOS and get notifications or even sync calender and weather some time in the future
Would any of rockpools code be reusable or is it more like starting from scratch?

Sync to android is in the works, so the noob in me concludes there is already "something" listening on Asteroid side.
Edit, there is also some kind of Linux control app

Last edited by mosen; 2017-05-07 at 13:45.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
That's a shock - never seen that before! Looks like there are two hidden apps on the watch that only appear when you launch them. Might try to do that...

As for sending data to them, that would require a new interface in Rockpool. Afaik there's no other way to send data like that to the watch without creating your own watch app. You'd include a javascript phone-side portion of the app, which could then retrieve data. Otherwise it's all timeline pins.
Hi abranson,

I took some time to investigate in the sport system app on the pebble and found out some things:
- gadgetbridge supports this and it works with e.g. meerun
- gadgetbridge can write logfiles
- android can write bluetooth logfiles

So that should help us to bring some light into the dark...

In the gadgetbridge logfile, you can see the following:
- the uuid of the sport system app is 4dab81a6-d2fc-458a-992c-7a1f3b96a970
- in the first line the app is startet and in the last line it is stopped
- at 14:05:01.510 the first values are send to the app as json string
- first value is the duration: {"key":0,"type":"string","length":0,"value":"00:00 "}
- second value is the distance: {"key":1,"type":"string","length":0,"value":"0. 0"}
- I don't know what the third value is
- fourth value is the pace: {"key":2,"type":"string","length":0,"value":"---"}
- at 14:05:15.965 I pressed the pause button
- at 14:05:27.360 I pressed the pause button again

Hopefully this gives you enough to start with.
I would love to have a dbus interface to which I can send these values and rockpool would then send it to the sport app on the watch
Attached Files
File Type: txt gadgetbridge_log.txt (14.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: txt btsnoop_hci.txt (763 Bytes, 59 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that! I'll see what I can do...

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Heretic question maybe.

With pebble watches dying off in the next 2-5 years, how viable would it be to "make" rockpool compatible to Asteroid OS and thus some of your work on rockpool more future proof?

My Pebble Steel has severe display controller issues, so i flashed AsteroidOS on a LG Watch R my brother abondened.
Frankly, i am using last nights alpha build and am utterly impressed by how complete this thing already feels to suit my humble usecase.
If only Asteroid could pair with SFOS and get notifications or even sync calender and weather some time in the future
Would any of rockpools code be reusable or is it more like starting from scratch?

Sync to android is in the works, so the noob in me concludes there is already "something" listening on Asteroid side.
Edit, there is also some kind of Linux control app
A lot of the core would be very reusable - there's lots there based on Javier's watchfish library to gather PIM and notification information from Sailfish, and the Music player info too. All the Pebble protocol would have to come out though, so there wouldn't be much left. It would be cool though, wouldn't it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Indeed, it can be even better than pebble ever was imho.

Asteroid project is very active and verbose on IRC #asteroid and github. More watches are ported regulary, like my g watch r was 2 weeks ago.
I am using AsteroidOsSync for android on my secondary phone and this official client only has weather, notification and clock sync working but it is already what i "need" to be satisfied.

As Asteroid is Mer based, how far could the system integration go?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
I am using asteroid os too, It would be great to see Rockpool compatible of this...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2016 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Upp15 View Post
Not sure if that is the same case. I turn BT explicitely off from the phone in the evening, and on again in the morning. The devices get connected quickly (Pebble vibrates and BT marker disappears), only Rockpoold does not notice the connection. So, the connection is fine just by restarting the Rockpoold, no further actions to BT needed. And the phone connects e.g. to my car's hands-free every time.
Btw, this problem has practically gone with the latest Sailfish updates (2.1.1.24, probably also the previous) !

The Following User Says Thank You to Upp15 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I have an issue appairing the pebble and have rockpool working.
I used to have it on Jolla C for quite some time with no issues, including with latest SFOS update.
I tried to pair it with Sailfish X but it was not able to connect from the bluetooth parameters. Recognised, appairement properly initiated, watch proposes to accept or deny, and then everything disconnects, it is not available anymore in the bluetooth devices list and the watch is not connected. And obviously rockpool does not work.
But the worst part is that it does not work on Jolla C anymore ! With same behavior !

And then it works on Jolla 1 so I am pretty sure that it is related to Bluez 5 and LE devices?
But then nobody has the same issue, that would be weird?

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Are you pairing the LE device? That won't work - wait awhile and the watch should present a non-LE device that you can pair will instead.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch