Active Topics

hope it works for you, but...

the same kind of solution worked for me for about 3 or 4 days and then the problem came back and would not go away no matter what i did.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hey,

The problem came back after a while so i guess my previously posted 'solution' is not a solution after all.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
After sending my N900 back to Vodafone and they then sent it on to Nokia, I receive a parcel back yesterday with a note saying "Due to the nature of the fault with your phone, it will not be possible to repair it within a reasonable timescale. We have therefore replaced it with a similar phone that has been carefully serviced and refurbished by our repair centre." The word "similar" really worried me. I thought they have sent me an N8 or E7. But, in fact, they have sent me a hardly used N900 that looks brand new. Mine was slightly worn from use, and the black on the keys was starting to rub off. This new N900 still has the brand new "matt black" look. They also sent me another battery, but forgot the back door cover, so they are now sending me a door. So I have done pretty well out of it. Really pleased. Now to get modding again.

got my phone back from palco telecom today. despite including a thorough explanation of the problem and even supplying the url to this thread i got back a sheet of paper with "here's what you told us was wrong: none supplied" "here's what we did to fix it: connectivity - problems with short range connectivity eg bluetooth, ir, wlan, cable, video". needless to say they didnt fix the issue. "after repair, your unit passed a series of tests and an inspection to make sure everything was working normally".

im pretty sure this is the same company that fixes in warranty problems in the united states as well? this would be my third instance of supplying precise information on what the issue was and them not addressing it. i had a slide flex cable go out in warranty so i sent it in and got it back with the proximity sensor not working so i sent it back. got it back with the same problem. ended up taking it apart and after reassembling the proximity sensor ended up working correctly.

ill report back after i get a chance to speak with them.

i can replicate it conistently every time.

connect to tmobile internet, enter address in web browser, sim area goes blank, sim icon with red slash appears, goes blank, goes back to 3g.

Entering address causes pressure on the case. You could also try place the n900 on a table and press the middle of the keyboard, wait 5-10S and see if sim icon gets crossed out.

Also try pinching device by the middle of the keyboard.

mother****ing palco. so i call them up and they give me a free ups two day label to ship it back to them so they can re-repair it. i got it back today and the same letter as before. its even worse now!! when it has the white dots loading screen it gives me the all telephony functions have failed and it sits and hangs.

awesome! its giving me the error and hanging at the dots even without a sim.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5416u0d For This Useful Post:
I'm suffering the same fu***** error, on a year and a month old n900. I can't believe Nokia made a 1 year life smartphone. I feel cheated and robbed. I suppose there is no news about a simple solution to us, mortals out of hardware business and hitech know how. Mine is under warranty, but I would prefer if I don't have to begin the dance between a silly tech service, some ignorants Vodafone`s vendors and my angriness.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
i'm having the same problem and also reflashed a few times, from reading here looks like there is no way to repair it my self.....so if in the next few days i still can't get my phone working i think its my last nokia phone i buy!!! take care of ur phones cause this is a serious problem ppl...

Tags
antenna, communication, depressing, disabled, error, problem, telephony