Active Topics

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
These updates are posted at http://www.tablethacker.com/kde.html

I know I said there would only be a small update and you would not have to update the KDE358.tar.bz2

Well, I was wrong, SORRY

I made updates that effect both files, total increase of about 15MB

These updates are for both N800 and N810

What is updated
both KDE tarball and the SUP tarball have changed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right Click On/Off (F5) (This works on N800)
Tab (Fn)(>)
Pipe Symbol (Fn)(<)
Next Desktop (Shift)(F5)

Move Window (CTRL)(F5)
Maximize/Un-Maximize (CTRL) (F7)
Minimize Window (CTRL) (F8)
Close Window (CTRL) (F6)
KDE MENU (CTRL) (ENTER)

Cut (CTRL) (X)
Copy (CTRL) (C)
Paste (CTRL) (V)

Konsole Shortcuts
Copy (CTRL) (MENU KEY)
Paste (SHIFT) (MENU KEY)
Font Enlarge (zoom + key) (This works on N800)
Font Shrink (zoom - key) (This works on N800)

Konqueror Shortcuts
Hide Menubar (CTRL) (M)
Font Enlarge (zoom + key) (This works on N800)
Font Shrink (zoom - key) (This works on N800)

Joystick Kernel Module
qjoypad
Joy-On shortcut
Joy-Off shortcut

Sticky Keys ON

FIX for microb fonts

Fix Trash Icon, permissions in DEB

Added KDE Accessibility package, includes text to speech and magnifier, has ability to read webpages and kopete messages, via flite, you must also install flite

ADDED
Note the batterystatus icon depends on python, which I could only get by installing canola, dont know what the heck that is all about?

So if you want battery status install python, install the battery-status command line tool. Then just use the shortcut in KDE to see the battery %

Also a battery notification will happen every 10minutes, once the battery reaches 20% or lower via script that checks it every 10 minutes provided battery-status is installed

Added shortcut/script to toggle USB mode from OTG to Host..

Added several cursors, to choose from

Added some more Fonts

Menus work to add or remove, I am not sure this was ever broken?

I am looking for some boot from SD people who are interested in testing the new version. Please PM me your request, I am only looking for a few people, first come first serve.

Once boot from SD is confirmed to be working well, new KDE debs will be following, maybe in about a week. (NOTE maybe longer, I am getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning) My guess is I will be sitting at home playing with my IT, but perhaps I will be in too much pain to get them out this weekend, but we'll see.

Happy Thoughts
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-24 at 15:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Will this include bluetooth mouse support?

Originally Posted by migs View Post
Will this include bluetooth mouse support?

No that is done through an application called mouse_poll

If that becomes a little more mature, I will include the support, if it does not make it into a package.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
(NOTE maybe longer, I am getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning) My guess is I will be sitting at home playing with my IT, but perhaps I will be in too much pain to get them out this weekend, but we'll see.
Wow! Me Too! I just got four of my wisdom teeth pulled out last Friday at 4:00 pm. We must think alike. :P I have a lot of projects to complete my senior year. I needed to do it. I was playing around with my IT the following day. Pain is not a factor if you are taking Advil at least. I took 3, but my Dentist told me it will be ok to take 4. Also, Green tea bags help with the healing. If you need pointers penguinbait, let me know. Take your time healing.

"Life is too short to waste on sleep" - Johnny Cunningham

http://www.skibur.com

Last edited by skibur; 2008-01-22 at 06:58.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
...I am getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning)...
Happy thoughts indeed! I've had a couple of teeth pulled in my day and can tell you it's not so much painful as annoying if you take your meds.

Skibur's advice is good: take time to heal...be good to yourself! KDE will wait

Originally Posted by skibur View Post
Wow! Me Too! I just got four of my wisdom teeth pulled out last Friday at 4:00 pm. We must think alike. :P I have a lot of projects to complete my senior year. I needed to do it. I was playing around with my IT the following day. Pain is not a factor if you are taking Advil at least. I took 3, but my Dentist told me it will be ok to take 4. Also, Green tea bags help with the healing. If you need pointers penguinbait, let me know. Take your time healing.

heh, well I wish I'd had them removed long ago. I am 35, so they have grown in a bit.

Advil? Someone better give me some real drugs

I am not looking forward to it......

for those that installed, or are awaiting links, give me a minute, I am updating SUP again,

Changes will be
Not starting VNC server on bootup

stortcuts to start and stop vnc server

Ability to lock the screen, (sorry n800 users have no way to unlock) So do not lock it.

QUESTION
Should I make the lock run as root, and provide roots password?

Or make you set a user passwd ?

ThoughtS?

Nobody responded I chose user. The lock button will lock the screen, not many screensavers, but they can be chosen in Control Center..

YOU HAVE TO SET A USER PASSWORD IF YOU WANT TO UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE VIA KDE

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Having your default theme in there is a real saver.
I can mess it up and then put it back.

Where's the soft keyboard icon?

The fullscreen button is really helpful, works in many apps.
I hadn't spotted it before.

I think there are mutiple issues with the right click implementation.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything.
Sometimes it turns into every other click is a right click.
Sometimes it gets stuck on right click, and all I can do is power down.
Once I logged out after using right clicks,
and the sound and wifi tray widgets in Maemo didn't work.
Brightness still did.

Menus work much better, they're persistent and not so twitchy.

Is there a chart of which buttons are which F keys?

This release is a huge improvement.
Thank you immensely.

---------------------------------------------

Is there a chart of which buttons are which F keys?
For the n810

keyboard-hildon-menu-key F4
"back key" ESC
Swap Key F5
D-Pad Center Return
Full Screen F6
Zoom Out F8
Zoom In F7

The Following User Says Thank You to albright For This Useful Post:

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice