Active Topics

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
[...]
I know i'm absolutely in line with woody here[...]
jOERG
remind me, who is Woody, to be the authority everyone (or only you?) has to comply with?!?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
remind me, who is Woody, to be the authority everyone (or only you?) has to comply with?!?
remind me, who are you to suggest I'm an idiot who tries to comply with other notions being unable to come up with and defend my own?!?

What does you make believe it's not woody who tries to comply to my notion? Why do you suppose anybody tries to comply with anybody here? If two guys have same take on something, you instantly start spreading nonsense about it, going insulting and implying rogue intentions and conspiracy again. >:-(

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-30 at 14:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
remind me, who are you to suggest I'm an idiot who tries to comply with other notions being unable to come up with and defend my own?!?
[...]
jOERG
let me rephrase then...
who is Woody that we should comply with his opinion.
you will hopefully agree that your post quoted (again) above seems to imply only you, not me, or the community in general, does it, now?

but admittedly, my post is somewhat sarcastic, so just to make things totally & perfectly clear...
  • i know damn well who Woody is, have been having endless discussion about the sex of angels like arguments long enough on TMO for that, thanks
  • (my point) what makes Woody's opinion the rule and law on TMO?

EDIT: having scrolled back on this thread some, i come to realize that what you mean by

[...]
jOERG
is simply that you agree with Woody's statement that this referendum won't change anything else as far as referendums are concerned
and, possibly, that rejecting this referendum may doom MO...

wonder whether it even takes that to achieve this

Last edited by misterc; 2013-03-30 at 14:27.

let me rephrase then...
who is Woody that we should comply with his opinion.
let me put it again in maybe even stronger words then: who are you to suggest anybody should comply with anybody's opinion here?
you will hopefully agree that your post quoted (again) above seems to imply only you, not me, or the community in general, does it, now?
Sorry to disappoint you here, I won't agree on anything like that. It's entirely you who's making up that BS.

[edit]
[...]
but admittedly, my post is somewhat sarcastic, so just to make things totally & perfectly clear...
  • i know damn well who Woody is, have been having endless discussion about the sex of angels like arguments long enough on TMO for that, thanks
  • (my point) what makes Woody's opinion the rule and law on TMO?
To put facts totally & perfectly straight: your point is moot since nobody but you suggests that "Woody's opinion [is, or should be] the rule and law on TMO"
EDIT: having scrolled back on this thread some, i come to realize that what you mean by
according to some wise man (you're free to dig his name up in citations db):
Code:
It is irrelevant how plausible or how backed up by facts an infamation is to make the masses believe it. Really all it needs is constant repetition so they hear it every day for weeks and months.
I know i'm absolutely in line with woody here, and the only logical consequence is to let not a single false statement, lie, or diffamation get by unanswered.
So NO, not answering to trolling that has potential to give others a false idea is not an option.
is simply that you agree with Woody's statement that this referendum won't change anything else as far as referendums are concerned
and, possibly, that rejecting this referendum may doom MO...
And no, my subsentence "I know i'm absolutely in line with woody here" was strictly meant regarding the bonmot about defamations and how to cope with them which I quoted imediately before that very sentence, implying that it's what I (and also woody) think is guiding to the right way to deal with trolling and defamations - answer and oppose them every single time. I honestly can't think how anybody could disassemble my few sentences in such a weird manner and put every subsentence into relation to some random unrelated post of 2 pages back or even in another thread. Is that how you phrase your statements? I try to phrase mine in a sense of continuity, where each sentence is somehow related to the previous one more likely than to random other stuff.
/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-30 at 16:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Seriously, just comply! Who are you people?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
let me put it again in maybe even stronger words then: who are you to suggest anybody should comply with anybody's opinion here?
Sorry to disappoint you here, I won't agree on anything like that. It's entirely you who's making up that BS.

[edit] And no, my subsentence "I know i'm absolutely in line with woody here" was strictly meant regarding the bonmot about defamations and how to cope with them which I quoted imediately before that very sentence, implying that it's what I (and also woody) think is the right way to handle trolling and defamations. I honestly can't think how anybody could disassemble my few sentences in such a weird manner and put every subsentence into relation to some post of 2 pages back or even in another thread. Is that how you phrase your statements? I try to phrase mine in a sense of continuity, where each sentence is somehow related to the previous one more likely than to random other stuff.
/j
then i guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree on how to deal with trolling & disinformation... though i wonder whether you'll even be able to do that
case in point, i started this exchange with good intention, trying to calm things down and end up... not caring any more.
but hey, i'm only trolling, right?

Sechs goldene Regeln
1. Gute Kommunikation bedient sich einer bildhaften Sprache mit emotional überzeugenden Bildern.
2. Sie ist selbstredend glaubwürdig.
3. Sie verfällt nicht in den Reflex, die Überbringer unangenehmer Botschaften zu verunglimpfen.
4. Sie versucht auch nicht abzuwiegeln, etwa unter dem Verweis auf verfahrenstechnische Schweigepflichten, die jede Auskunft verböten.
5. Sie unterstellt der Gegenseite keine unlauteren Motive.
6. In brenzligen Situationen lässt sie die Logik ihrer Argumente zugunsten der Situationspsychologie zurücktreten.

[...]
case in point, i started this exchange with good intention, trying to calm things down and end up... not caring any more.
but hey, i'm only trolling, right?
Oh really? To me it sounded like you'd be badmouthing Woody and same sentence accusing me of trying to implement insane nonsensical "comply with..." requirements (which evidently I didn't), you thus helping again the insane "power grab" and "conspiracy" nonsense and taking it on yet another higher level. Based on your incredible misinterpretation of some pretty terse and clear statement of me that wasn't related at all to the referendum (my bad).

So yep, probably you're only trolling, you posting some funny by being unrelated golden rules doesn't help that fact.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-30 at 16:14.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Guys, you are reading too much into each other's posts.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Guys, you are reading too much into each other's posts.
Maybe I do, but I want to make sure that others don't do as well. That's why I try to make clear that those "ambiguities" (if they actually are ambiguities) should not get adopted by other readers of this thread. One misconception feeds the next, so stop resp. correct them whenever you find something that may cause misconceptions. Or you'll never catch up with the "backlog" (which btw been exactly the spirit of my initial post with that quote about defamations and my rationale why you shouldn't ignore them, that directly became the source of new misconceptions. Is that RL irony or just simple comedy?).

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-03-30 at 17:03.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Help....would anyone explain whats dis thread all about ..take a bit time n put a mildly concise note on this have gone through the thread n related threads frm couple of years but cant get it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
voting