Poll: Which member level style do you prefer?
Poll Options
Which member level style do you prefer?

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
A maemo.org karma score in the post header is content, not theme. Maemo codes as level names are content, not theme. A new sub-forum called "maemo.org" is content, and new stickies replete with references to maemo.org, are content, not theme.
Static content.

Content of no informative reference is layout/cosmetic/theme. That doesn't necessarily devalue what it is though. You can have a beautiful homepage about nothing, or an ugly bulk of information. Usually the synergy of aesthetics and information is what makes something attractive.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
you forget the "no change" option
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
There are obvious issues with the current system and it needs to be changed one way or another.
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Hey, look, I forgot to include it, and there's no way to edit polls.
1. You initially defended your decision to leave "no change" off the list, even though it was an accident? Everyone makes mistakes sometimes....
2. Aren't you a moderator? Couldn't you close this thread and/or create a new one with 4 options?

Originally Posted by jmjanzen View Post
2. Aren't you a moderator? Couldn't you close this thread and/or create a new one with 4 options?
The trouble, in general, with replacing or altering a poll with substantial participation is that many of the voters who already voted will not vote again in the new or modified poll. You could just carry the tally over, but then some of them would presumably have voted differently had the new option been included.

So the options are to throw out data, or to incur inaccuracy. Neither is real good, although I think most would agree the former (i.e. close this poll and start a new one) is clearly better.

A better option would be to start a separate poll for whether they should be changed or not. You, or anyone else wishing for no-change, could certainly do this at any time, and I'd expect the two choices ("change/no-change" and "given change, which change")to be rather orthogonal, under which reasonable extrapolations are possible

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
1. You initially defended your decision to leave "no change" off the list, even though it was an accident?
Despite it being a mistake, I still believe the results of that mistake weren't undesirable. The current setup is a problem and it has to be changed. Popular opinion gets a say in this change, but no matter how contrarian people want to be (and based on my experience with some of those posters, contrarian is exactly what it is) it can't stay how it is.

I am not a moderator.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:

Tags
bikeshed color, change we can believe in, maemo forum, maemo.org, whoring for harmattan