Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

hey guys i tried to install n14 manually the same way i installed previous versions of nitdroid except this time i tried to install it to an extra partition on emmc (5gb ) (mmcblk0p4) but when i choose nitdroid from the multiboot menu i just get the animated android logo and it just stays there until battery dies or i remove the battery after that the phone works normally
To install i fromated the partition ext3 extracted the n14 tarball then installed the the rc7 kernel what is wrong
please help guys

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by LTman View Post
hey guys i tried to install n14 manually the same way i installed previous versions of nitdroid except this time i tried to install it to an extra partition on emmc (5gb ) (mmcblk0p4) but when i choose nitdroid from the multiboot menu i just get the animated android logo and it just stays there until battery dies or i remove the battery after that the phone works normally
To install i fromated the partition ext3 extracted the n14 tarball then installed the the rc7 kernel what is wrong
please help guys
you have to untar n14 over n12 installation

The Following User Says Thank You to vakkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by mornage View Post
Unless you can fix BME in android, you'll have to live with it.

Just make sure you have a fully charged battery or are charging and it will generally work without the red light.
I have a Nokia N900 with a broken USB connector (2 weeks ago). Now NITDroid (with Android 2.2) boots but the red light blinks, the battery indicator shows it is empty even if it is 100% full, and it turns off in less than 10 seconds.

So : if the USB connector is broken, is it impossible to use NITDroid on Nokia N900 ???
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Got me the latest NITDroid-Installer_0.2.8-8.deb and installed it, let it run its auto installs. One big package couldn't be d/l it seems.
Additionally got N12_UMay.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar.bz2 and nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb both in /MyDocs.
It seems no .android folder was created though and reboot gives me the boot manager but can't boot android.
Guess I had to install the N12 obviously, where do I have to unpack it to or what do I have to do after executing the install.deb while nitdroid is not accessible?

Thanks for the help!

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
The packages must go into /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid
This is where the installer looks for anything to install.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The packages must go into /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid
This is where the installer looks for anything to install.
Thanks for your reply! I've created .nitroid in the folder aboves but can't access it (see it) on windows explorer to copy over the files.
Tried to create it again via x-terminal but get a "mkdir: cannot create directory'/home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid' File exists".
How do I move the files I have in /MyDocs over to the .nitdroid folder?

...tried it via "mv N12_UMay.tat.bz2.tar.bz2.tar.bz2 MyDocs/.nitdroid"
but get a "mv: cannot rename 'N12_UMay.tar.bz2.tar.bz2.tar.bz2': No such file or directory" ??
with "cp" command I get "cp: cannont create 'MyDocs/.nitroid': Path does not exist"

Last edited by RX-51; 2012-01-25 at 23:29.

can anyone tell me the duration of the battery if your in nitdroid OS??

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Warning kind of a rant ahead!

There are so many errors and mistakes you are making, i do not know where to begin...

First: The folder to use is /home/user/MyDocs/.nitdroid . Always use the full path, unless you are really comfortable with the whole linux file system structure.

Second: Do not work on two systems, like PC and N900, or two tools, like Filebox and X-Terminal applications, to achieve the same goal, unless you are really comfortable with the whole procedure, meaning: Can do the same with manually typed commands.

Third: The file you use must be named N12_UMay.tar.bz2 . If you use some other name, path or command, there will be error messages, that have a meaning. Read them.

If unsure to correct things from here, please delete anything related to nitdroid and start over freshly

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
if anyone need rc6 kernel i have uploaded it to mirror creator. CLICK HERE

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Can some dev try again in asking Nokia the GPS driver source code? Now they are with Microsoft, I hope that they won't care anymore about their "closed source components" and they'll be more kind with us

EDIT: With "source code" I mean the missing part that allow us to communicate with the GPS chip through the modem..If I am not wrong Nemo lack of GPS too because of this..they could unlock two projects (Nemo and Nitdroid) with a piece of code
........?

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid