Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
On every reboot I need to manually mount again. But doesn't matter.
Had a quick look around.

The package you've downloaded, "usb-stick-utils-automount-exfat-support",
is a different script ("mount-usbstick.sh") that gets triggered (see "90-mount-usbstick.rules") whenever a USB stick is inserted (either a microUSB stick directly into the USB OTG port, or a regular USB stick into a USB HUB conencted to the OTG post).

It does support exfat, but does not react to SD cards.

the built-in script that gets called is "mount-sd.sh".
If you have a look into it, it doesn't handle the FUSE exFAT module.
(compare the 2 "case ${TYPE}" switch blocks in the middle of both scripts).

Together with TJC member "V1olat0r" we had bounced back and forth a few more advanced scripts (handlind NTRFS, Swap, etc.)

I think you should be able to get SD card automounting by transfering the vfat/exfat/ntfs case block from "/usr/sbin/mount-usbstick.sh" to "/usr/sbin/mount-sd.sh".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
When you're using Whatsapp or Telegram, or any IM app that shows online status, after you close, press android back button, or your swipe to go to another app, the online status persist
Two different thing to notice :

- WhatsApp relies on a background daemon "com.whatsapp" running to handle the messages. You are technically online as long as this daemon is running, and there's no official way to kill it from the WhatsApp interface.
(According to the rationale from some WhatsApp FAQ is that they want to mimmick the "always on" feature of SMS. You can't switch SMS online, therefor you shouldn't be able to shut down WhatsApp either).

If you want WhatsApp to stop processing messages, you need to kill the background daemon.

If you only close the app (kill the card, press "back", etc.) you're merely closing the interface, not shutting down WhatsApp.

The fact that it suddenly doesn't show online anymore on Android is probably some side effect of how that peculiar version of Android (or some addittional tools) handle rogue processes / ressource conservation. But that's not the normal expected WhatsApp behaviour according to their docs.

- Sailfish OS is a true multi tasking OS. All the open cards are always running (unless grayed out). But most 4.4 Kitkat era applications (=the API level exposed by aliendalvik) don't have a concept of application "still running but not in focus".
Thus nearly no android app knows that you swiped to switch to another app, and WhatsApp is among them.
Because it's interface is still working, it's still believing to be infocus.

The only useful tip that I can give is to get out of any message screen back to the main contacts/list-of-chats screen, before switching to another card.
At least WhatsApp won't be thinking that you read a message while the chat is open and won't mark as double-blue tacks (read) in the senders' app, but only as double-gray tacks (delivered).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Facebook messenger background service keeps crashing time to time. Anything can be done on that?

The Following User Says Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
My X dual sim has just arrived and I see in the January update SFOS 2.2 will be out in 'a couple of months' adding official support - any thoughts on whether I should wait or will it be a smooth upgrade if I mod the current version?

I'm thinking the new kernel won't arrive until SFOS3 so it should be OK but this is .2 rather than the usual .1.x so must be more significant...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
no need to wait

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I feel that dual xperia X is not yet ready to be daily driver. Too many things rely on mods. Thanks for Lantern I got mine working but it's not reliable enough for me just yet. Thus I am waiting for 2.2 update in few months time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
I'm only going to use one sim and WiFi, got a great condition dual for not much more than the single and the extra space could be useful.

What makes it not ready for daily use?

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am sure I posted this but I cant find it. Is the F5122 ok to use with the standard install without any tweeks? I only need the 1 sim. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
Hi, I am sure I posted this but I cant find it. Is the F5122 ok to use with the standard install without any tweeks? I only need the 1 sim. Thanks
You also posted in the community build thread - similar names so it gets confusing!

As I understand it sometimes the dual works and sometimes it doesn't without these tweaks, with them it works:

Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Ok, thanks to mal from #sailfish-porters we now have fully working dual-sim F5122

add these 3 lines to /default.prop
persist.multisim.config=dsds
persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds
ro.telephony.default_network=9,1
and these lines to the end of /etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf
[ril_1]
socket=/dev/socket/rild2
and install jolla-settings-networking-multisim
You also need to resize the partitions to use the full 64gb.

Might want to wait for lantern to confirm nothing's changed

Last edited by suicidal_orange; 2018-03-02 at 09:56. Reason: Strike resizing as inaccurate

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Nothing's changed.
Also, you don't need to resize partitions, you'll have full 64 gb automagically.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x