Active Topics

Is possible a emulator for games on symbian os?

It is certainly possible, but compatibility layer and API translation is enormous amount of work, comparable to Wine project on the desktop. So i doubt we will see it soon.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Oregon
Is there anyway that we can get our symbian software on our Maemo.. because the maemo has powerful hardware which is better than all n-cerise nokia.
I think most of us has bought a lot of these software that was in symbian and now as we moved to a new system and at the same time we have the same Ovi store.. we should operate our old symbian on Maemo or at least we should have symbian emulator or something like that.
thanx for reading

Less likely, symbian uses a different resolution and different memory alocation + someone would need to code drivers for it, just like on your pc.

Your project might be a little too ambitious

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Just sell the N900 and buy the N97? They practically look similar, anyway.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Apart from the technical difficulties (which, I'm sure, could be soved... Come on, people run Windows on the N900!), I wonder how it would baffle Nokia's marketing people if you could dual-boot into a fully functional Symbian OS on the N900.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I'd rather see some of the excellent symbian softwares replicated in Maemo. Soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA, Oregon
I would never think of N97 which always lack of memory..
I rather staying in n900 and wait for 2 years instead

Yup, 5800 is as far as s60v5 is worth it... from nokia.
I actually wanted to get the omnia HD but... credit card fraud :|
When my money came back, the price difference to N900 was so small I just couldn't help it

Symbian emulation would be great! We could finally use Mobipocket again!

BTW I heard that the guys at XDAdevolpers.com have Android running now on a Windows Mobile device, HTC Touch or so...