Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Eternity is a very long time, Dave.
I concur! That’s why we need to establish some kind of clarification.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
With the recent footage of Sailfish running on a Gemini or huge XA2 at the MWC, I can't help but thinking that the Lauta-revival project would be far superior as an open smartphone and handheld Linux device, thanks to its non-clamshell form factor.

I'm literally hammering F5 several times a day in the hope this thread gets a new post, and now I'm being weak begging for some news myself, like a hungry kitten begging food.

Sorry for those like me who get excited when they see this thread bumped, false alarm.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Hey Kabouik, thanks for your support and passions on this project. It's happy to hear that there is still people looking forward to this device as much as myself do

As you are aware that I'm no longer seeking for crowdfunding for this project, so there might not be regular updates as a general crowdfunding campaign.

But I can separately update to you offline, via Telegram or other means, if there is any good news.

It's not an easy journey but I have the faith to achieve it.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Still interested in this class of devices, too.

(@Kbouik: And, although I used to be fan of the Psion back in the days, I also think that on a modern device, the possibility to use it as a regular phone once the keyboard is closed might make Chen's Lauta-revival-project a little more interesting that the Gemini).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Still interested in this class of devices, too.
...as probably many others in this forum do. Me included.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
@Chen, glad you like the support and don't take my impatience as pressure, which it is not. It just is impatience and anticipation.

I'd surely be happy to take any information you can throw at me, even what you think might be irrelevant or insignificant, it's always nice to see that the project is still breathing even when the steps are small.

In any case, keep up the good work. I saw that the Moto Mod is getting very good reception from the first reviews, that's good news.

@DrYak, yeah, same. I really do like the Gemini, and I would like to support it, but it is not really a convenient phone as the N810, N900 or N950 were. Plus I'm not even sure its big keypad is an advantage, as I don't see myself thumb-typing on this beast and I doubt regular typing would be convenient (but well, I haven't had the chance to try it). If there was no Lauta-revival in the air, I would probably be happy to buy a Gemini over a Pyra (although I prefer its openness, I dislike the form factor and gamepad) or GPD, but as I said, I can't help but thinking that Chen's device will better suit my needs if it comes true, so now even the Gemini would feel like a second - frustrating - device now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Logging in again after almost 8 years now

A couple of months ago I suggested you could get in touch with the guys at TCL Communication (those who have the BlackBerry and Alcatel brand).

May I ask what the status of your project is? I'd really love to see that happen someday.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rotkaeqpchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
But I can separately update to you offline, via Telegram or other means, if there is any good news.
Can you create a small mailing list if you can't share details on here? I'm following the project keenly, I expect the chenphone will be my next mobile device when this FP2 gives up!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Rotkaeqpchen View Post
Logging in again after almost 8 years now

A couple of months ago I suggested you could get in touch with the guys at TCL Communication (those who have the BlackBerry and Alcatel brand).

May I ask what the status of your project is? I'd really love to see that happen someday.
Thank you for still hanging around after such a long time. This project is still running, we are trying to source the best provider and best possible solution with the resource we have in hand at the moment.

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Can you create a small mailing list if you can't share details on here? I'm following the project keenly, I expect the chenphone will be my next mobile device when this FP2 gives up!
Thank you! I will do it once there is more news to share with.
FP2 should last long as it's self-fixable

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
FP2 should last long as it's self-fixable
Damn, Chen is going to use this as an excuse to delay the Lauta-revival now!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen