Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
NOKIA Communicator, 1999.
Are you Tomi Ahonen?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Everyone is copying iPhone of 2007.
Or is it the LG Prade of 2006?

Last edited by chemist; 2013-12-09 at 13:21.

Are you Tomi Ahonen?
I'm much better looking than Tomi Ahonen

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
This is not a smartphone. This way I can even say that my old Viewty is a smartphone. Or LG Cookie, or even LG KS360. Those aren't smartphones.

The oldest smartphone I used is HTC Universal 64, Windows Mobile 5, and the best smartphone experience for those years.

Last edited by chemist; 2013-12-09 at 13:22.

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
This is not a smartphone. This way I can even say that my old Viewty is a smartphone. Or LG Cookie, or even LG KS360. Those aren't smartphones.
The original iPhone of 2007 wasn't a smartphone, even now it's debatable.

The original iPhone of 2007 wasn't a smartphone, even now it's debatable.
It revolutionized phone industry. I still remember NOKIA executives scared sheeetless when it came out. Even they knew that everything will be touchscreen.....it revolutionized everything...everything now has conformed to iphone model, even packaging! I remember NOKIA changing to iphone packaging too!

Nope boys, there is a simple reason why iphone is numero UNO. And everyone is imitating. Including JOlla, including NOKIA....poor NOKI, they tried to turn Symbian into touchscreen...N8....perhaps even a bigger craaaap than N9....told us they cant code. NOKIA is just not a software company.

Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
yes if making a touchscreen device is copying then yes. But who told you that iphone was unique? Birds?
btw you claim sailfish is being copied from ios 7 explain that. if not go to wpcentral.
Fartyom, read again. I never mention iOS7.

It revolutionized phone industry. I still remember NOKIA executives scared sheeetless when it came out. Even they knew that everything will be touchscreen.....
You do know NOKIA were already making touchscreen devices don't you? A touchscreen wasn't some amazing revelation to them. Symbian had touch support baked in since it was called Epoch32 and run on Psion PDAs.

NOKIA's real problem was clunky old hardware, too low-powered and ugly to do their excellent software justice. It was only the remarkable efficiency of their software that enabled it to run on such modest hardware, slothful operating systems like iOS and Windows Phone certainly wouldn't have been able too.

Now NOKIA are doing much better hardware but they've partnered with a company with a world wide reputation for unstable, insecure software.

You do know NOKIA were already making touchscreen devices don't you? A touchscreen wasn't some amazing revelation to them. Symbian had touch support baked in since it was called Epoch32 and run on Psion PDAs.

NOKIA's real problem was clunky old hardware, too low-powered and ugly to do their excellent software justice. It was only the remarkable efficiency of their software that enabled it to run on such modest hardware, slothful operating systems like iOS and Windows Phone certainly wouldn't have been able too.

Now NOKIA are doing much better hardware but they've partnered with a company with a world wide reputation for unstable, insecure software.
Sure they did. Touchscreen was nothing knew, nor did Apple invent anything fundamental. But they packaged everything so well, so smooth, so tied together and so user friendly. That IS innovation. Now tell me what did Harmattan package well? NOTHING. Buggy and frustrating experience. If Jolla gets 0.0000001% of the market, i.e., sell few hundred phones to few dreamy, ex-Maemo fanboys.......they will be lucky.

Sure they did. Touchscreen was nothing knew, nor did Apple invent anything fundamental. But they packaged everything so well, so smooth, so tied together and so user friendly. That IS innovation.
There's no doubt Apple made a very slick feature phone and marketed it very well, if you want to call that 'innovation' knock yourself out, no one can touch you for it.