Active Topics

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
A long press on the desktop brings up the Desktop menu straight away instead of having to press on the desktop then press the circle button.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
If an application you are using such as the Browser freezes up and is unresponsive. Click the power button and choose End Current task. Just like in task manager in windows.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
In the browser quick double press the backspace key to immediatly go to previous page, instead of choice window.

Last edited by Robb; 2010-03-20 at 20:06.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:
You can add contacts shortcuts to the desktop screen (like speed dial).

Clicking the status thing at the top brings up a handy set of settings (profile, bluetooth, net connection, status on skype etc. and alarms).

You can turn off the auto word completion/capitalisation in the text input settings (love that, it annoys me lol).

More a hint than a gimmick, but I leave an arc across the bottom right of the desktop free so I can naturally flick through using my right thumb with one hand.

Last edited by Dervish; 2010-03-20 at 12:52.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Just a idea that came up when i read about turning the phone uppside down to mute a call. New android phones also have that mute feature and in addition they have other similar features:
1. When you pick up your ringing phone from a table the accelometer notices it and lowers the ringing volume.
2. If your mobile starts ringing in a tight place like your bag the proximity sensor notices it and increases the ringing volume.
Would it be possible to add similar features to the N900?

Last edited by Tuukka; 2010-03-20 at 13:13.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tuukka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Using internet with the keyboard closed, you can swipe from the left of the screen to get cursor mode - but you can also swipe from the right of the screen to bring up browser history.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Once you've done the left-side swipe in browser, use finger to pull mouse cursor to point in page, then use [space bar] or [shift] to left-click and select area the cursor is over - useful for e.g. scrolling back to a point in a flash video.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to digital909 For This Useful Post:
1. When you pick up your ringing phone from a table the accelometer notices it and lowers the ringing volume.
2. If your mobile starts ringing in a tight place like your bag the proximity sensor notices it and increases the ringing volume.
Would it be possible to add similar features to the N900?
me want! me want!

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
You're able to use the keyboard while browsing in portrait mode by closing the keyboard just a bit. Thus enabling you to browse with one hand by pushing space with your thumb. Comes handy if you're reading long texts.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chainreaction For This Useful Post:
Reflow the text in the browser when you are zoomed in with
control shift i

great for web sites that have small text.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: