Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I just purchased an XA2 over the weekend. I installed the 3.1 update on to the reset device without issue.

I went to openrepos.net and downloaded and installed the Storeman rpm. I then opened it and searched for some applications to install. I added the necessary repos, but I wasn't given an install option afterwards. I tried to install just the rpm (like I JUST had done with the Storeman rpm...), but it failed.

I then did a "pkcon refresh" in terminal and now I can install rpm files again, but still no install option from Storeman on added repos.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? Searched high and low, and I can't get it solved on my own. Any help would be highly appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I just purchased an XA2 over the weekend. I installed the 3.1 update on to the reset device without issue.
What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? Searched high and low, and I can't get it solved on my own. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Nothing, author of application aware:https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-210338

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Nothing, author of application aware:https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-210338
Thank you so much for this. I saw about the issues with Storeman after the 3.0 update, but somehow missed all these issues after 3.1. I wasn't specific enough in my search, I guess.

Last edited by imaginaryenemy; 2019-07-29 at 19:22. Reason: Typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Sucesfully flashed the "free trial" build of SailfishX to a XA2 Ultra last night. Was immediately at version 3.1. Bought the the license from the Jolla shop five hours ago. Still can't see any licensed content in the Jolla Store (No exchange, No android support, no nothing.)

Double checked that the charge went through on my card. I've rebooted the phone multiple times. Ive logged in and out of my Jolla account on the phone multiple times. Done a "pkcon refresh" multiple times.

How long is this supposed to take?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
@trashHeap did you also double check that you bought a license for XA2 Ultra, since the license products are not interchangeable. Bought a license for XA2 on new year's eve and ended up with buying an XA2 Plus device ...
Otherwise chech with jollacare what happened.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Image doesn't embed for me but managed to see it - ouch.

Just smashed the crappy replacement screen on my X, seriously considering going back to a dumbphone as there will never be a rugged phone with an alternate OS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Huawei in talks to install Russian operating system on tablets for country's population census: sources
it's sailfish os rus

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1VG1VN

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
People with XA2, does double-tap to wakeup work? Is it good?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
no.
don't know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x