Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Serbia
Hello again...
So, when my N900 is charging (not empty) the following happens:
1. *I plug in the charger*
2. A dim NOKIA logo appears, with a weird symbol in the upper-right corner. The symbol looks like the upper half of the USB logo.
3. The yellow light flashes 3 times, then a very short green flash, then 5 dots, then it turns off and the yellow light starts flashing.
4. *I turn it on via powerkey*
5. A NOKIA logo appears (without the symbol), then the screen goes black for a second, and then a very bright NOKIA logo (WITH the symbol) appears.
6. IF I don't touch anything, it goes back to the beginning; but if I press the powerkey repeatedly and slide out the keyboard, it boots normally.
------------------
The problem appeared after deleting Fanoush's Bootmenu. The N900 boots normally without a charger. Reinstalling Power-kernel-53 didn't help.
Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fwiffo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
It is normal for N900 to have USB symbol here when you have it attached to USB cable and starting it up, right? But if you use wall-plug charger, then yes, it is strange that USB symbol appears?

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Serbia
Yes, it's on wallcharger. But when it's on and charging it doest't display the "charging only-mass memory-PC Suite" dialog

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
The USB Icon appears on my phone when charging on a wall charger many times too when the device is switched off. I also get the option to select the mode when connecting to a PC even when it is connected to a wall charger.

Tags
bootmenu, charging, fanoush, maemo 5, problem, usb symbol