Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post

You possibly have a problem with the vibration motor or its controller. When the function is working, you should, in addition feeling the vibration itself, be able to hear a small noise from the vibration motor each time it activates.
I just tried typing using the virtual keyboard and could feel very very light vibrations. That is the only time I have felt it. Is it only when texting you feel the vibration and is it meant to be very light?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
My UK retail N900 has the adapter

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
My US retail box (not from the store but online) does not have "Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C".

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I just tried typing using the virtual keyboard and could feel very very light vibrations. That is the only time I have felt it. Is it only when texting you feel the vibration and is it meant to be very light?
It vibrates everytime the screen registers a touch. It is very light. When I first starting using my N900, I got the initial impressiion that the build quality ws bad. I thought the slider mechanism was creaking every time I touched the screen. Eventually I got clued in as, the slide out seems solid and my squeeze test didn't reveal any creaking or twisting. After using the N900 for 5 days, I think it's a great feature. It gives some solid feedback when interactive with the device.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I disabled it. Other touchscreens I've used have had a recognisable 'buzz' vibrate. My n900 gives a single response which does feel like something is loose. Or it's got hic-ups. It irritated me, so I turned it off.

I got the micro-adapter in the box. You can buy them for about £5 from a nokia shop or Amazon.

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-12-01 at 17:50.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Colorado Springs, CO
I got all the following. (US MODEL from amazon)

* Nokia N900
* Nokia Battery BL-5J
* Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-10
* Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205
* Nokia Video out cable CA-75U
* Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C
* Cleaning cloth

The touchscreen vibration was barely noticeable at first. Then it seemed stronger, and then the sound also seemed stronger, and eventually I disabled it because I thought it'd sound/look a bit silly in public.

Originally Posted by bitcryp View Post
I got all the following. (US MODEL from amazon)

* Nokia N900
* Nokia Battery BL-5J
* Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-10
* Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205
* Nokia Video out cable CA-75U
* Nokia microUSB charger adapter CA-146C
* Cleaning cloth

So seems like the NokiaUSA boxes DO NOT have the adapter.
But Amazon USA boxes are providing it.

And all from UK retails boxes are also getting the adapter.

Very strange that different retailers and different regins have seperate contents.
But I will wait for my Amazon box in the US - hopefully I will get teh adapter - as I really would need that. But again not to hard to order seperately.

In Finland, mine had the charge adapter for using old chargers in the box. Seems same as N97.

Uhm....Where's the USB data cable?

Tags
accessories, adapter, box, ca-146c, charger adapter, charging, contents, in the box, n900, power, regional difference, retail