Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Or ship upgrades for individual packages instead of upgrading everything at once.
i noticed that too. To upgrade you have to completely re-flashed the system and start over.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
i noticed that too. To upgrade you have to completely re-flashed the system and start over.
We all noticed that -- a year ago, when it was true. Since Diablo, reflashing has not been necessary in general. The issue referred to by Luca is the way Nokia is now pushing "service packs" that force simultaneous upgrade of all updated packages, rather than releasing each package as it's updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Some aps store large data base files in the primary storage but can be directed to save them on the internal or external card. I gained a lot of room that way. Maps and Maemo Mapper are two examples.

Where can I go to see what has been fixed in this upgrade? I was hoping that it would have an A2DP upgrade (since bug 667 has been declared fixed), but apparently it's not there. Is there any hope for A2DP in a standard upgrade on the N810?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by honzik View Post
I was hoping that it would have an A2DP upgrade (since bug 667 has been declared fixed), but apparently it's not there. Is there any hope for A2DP in a standard upgrade on the N810?
Please review the bug more closely, you'll notice the target milestone is set to 'Fremantle'.

Missed that, sorry. Still, any hope to see A2DP working with Diablo, since Fremantle appears to be only for the next generation of internet tables?

to extend fragos' comments, if you have lots of music and other media in the internal storage, that might be eating the space you need. Just the default howto video takes several meg. Deleting these or at least moving them to the internal flash mmc might free up enough space. In the control panel, Memory -> details will show the amount used for documents, applications, images, etc. Applications might not be movable but the rest generally are.

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by honzik View Post
Missed that, sorry. Still, any hope to see A2DP working with Diablo, since Fremantle appears to be only for the next generation of internet tables?
This has been discussed at length elsewhere, but Nokia is generally supportive of seeing Maemo 5 on current hardware, and the community interest seems to be there; I personally am quite confident it'll happen, but there are some doubters out there.

As far as Diablo, I don't think so. I wouldn't go as far as to say integrating proper A2DP support in Diablo is as big a project as the Fremantle backport, but it's close enough to be a poor option; resources are better put toward the Mer/backport effort, where much greater returns can be realized.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
HI;

I had only 17 BM left on Flash. I deleted a lot of crap and moved some less-than-crap to SD. That resulted in 60 MB free on the 256 flash on my n810. Then was able to install.

Steve