Active Topics

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
Hello everybody.

I finally broke down and ordered a Nokia N810 from eXpansys.com to be shipped to Tokyo, Japan. I've been putting this off since the N800 and chose it over the iPod Touch. Can't wait to get it. i should get it in a week or or so. It will allow me to further promote my podcasting/ Jindies music promotion activities here in Tokyo by giving me quick and easy access to the Web 2.0 technologies like uStream, YouTube, twitter, Friendfeed, and the various SNS sites like MySpace, Facebook. etc.

Yoroshiku.

TokyoDan, let me know how it turned out for you. I'm in Tokyo as well and was planning on getting one. How much did you have to pay in total, and let me know if FedEx will charge you a 5% consumption tax when delivering to you.

Enjoy!

Congratulations TokyoDan!

Maybe you could post some images from Japan, related to the music you're promoting or something else?

Did you try cucumber-flavour pepsi by the way?

Originally Posted by auyongtc View Post
TokyoDan, let me know how it turned out for you. I'm in Tokyo as well and was planning on getting one. How much did you have to pay in total, and let me know if FedEx will charge you a 5% consumption tax when delivering to you.

Enjoy!
Will do, seems like it's shipping from eXpansys company in the U.K. So far the price is 43600 plus 2750 for express shipping. Takes two to three days, but I expect longer because of customs.

By the way, where do you live in Tokyo. I'm in Akishima near Tachikawa on the JR Chuo line. Catch you later. I'm heading to Kichijoji to hit a few Izakayas.

Last edited by TokyoDan; 2008-05-23 at 19:30. Reason: deleted phone number

I plan on posting a lot of images and possibly videos of live Jindies performances. Also I have a question about this forum. I want to change my signature and according to the help section I can do that in my Control Panel Profile. But I go there and there's no place to edit my signature.

also my signature isn't showing u in my posts, even though I check "Show your signature"!?

You should have no problems when you reach 5 posts.

Thanks Reggie. Looks like I have to be active then. I get to 5 posts real quick.

Great! looks like my signature is on.

@Tokyo Dan - I'm going to be in Tokyo in September and I'm planning on bringing an n810 with me to use primarily for VOIP and email back to the US while I'm there.

What's the wifi coverage like in Tokyo? Do you subscribe to a wifi ISP like Boingo Mobile?

Any info on how the 810 works in the environs of Tokyo would be appreciated...

Ant