Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
http://dnstunnel.de/ ?

*Cough Cough*

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I would simply suggest that you bring your business somewhere else.
I couldn't agree more. If they cannot make a simple form (a thing that was possible even with html 1.0 and mosaic) without using ie specific javascript, they either are hopelessly incompetent or a**holes, in either case they don't deserve your business.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ NJ USA
Thanks for the information. At least I know it's not just me. I agree in general, I prefer to stay at hotels that don't have annoyances like incompatibility with Mozilla. But in this case, there are few hotel choices in Ciudad del Carmen (where I had this trouble). I just got the N800, so hopefully I'll have better luck at hotels in my future travels.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I too have had this problem, the captive portal just doesn't work with non-IE sites, so when I used older opera browser on my zaurus it would simply spawn another empty window. Too many ex-burger-flippers from MacDonalds combined with DreamWeaver think they're web designers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
I'm on OS2007 with Opera, but as Opera and MicroB use the same front-end I'll still ask (couldn't see this asked before): Did you check tools->settings->connection, specifically the checkbox for automatic redirection?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I've encountered this in some hotels, and not just on my internet tablets but laptop as well. The best thing I've found to work is dump your cookies and then use the direct url to the signon page. Sometimes it has taken repeated efforts and I am not sure why that is. My experience with hotel wifi in general has been very poor...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ NJ USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
I'm on OS2007 with Opera, but as Opera and MicroB use the same front-end I'll still ask (couldn't see this asked before): Did you check tools->settings->connection, specifically the checkbox for automatic redirection?
Right, I should have mentioned, I did set the connection setting to automatic redirection. I looked everywhere on the browser for other options, and tried everything I saw.

Opera on the desktop has/used to have a feature to spoof web sites by reporting that it is IE. I guess our microB doesn't support this? I looked for that option . . . .

Yes, but not conveniently; you have to either edit prefs.js by hand, or go to about:config in the browser, and manually set values, or (the only way to conveniently switch) use a few bookmarks like these. You'll have to find the correct user agent string for IE; go to useragent.org with your laptop, and it'll show you. I have a folder of such bookmarks, but not one for IE.

what i've noticed about the microB is that it uses a static google page every time it's open, regardless if you have a connection or not, i get around it by just clicking a bookmark to get to the starbucks login.. *open new window* always take me to a static google page.. just click any of your bookmarks to get to the browser login.

Last edited by j'vai; 2008-04-30 at 03:12.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ Rocklin, CA
Hi Allen,

Sorry to hear you are having problems... we use both Bluesocket and Aruba controllers, and the N800/N810's work fine with the web based authentication mechanisms. I believe that re-direction is actually controlled by the server but you might check this setting on your n800 and see if if is still set to the default:

load up the browser
type in "about:config?sprefname=redir"

see if it is set to the default of 20...

This only applies to http redirects, not the html ones that you can embed in a page, so it may or may not apply depending on how the controller is issuing the redir.

So it may not help at all, but at least it is something to look at...

I found an article on it here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.ht...irection-limit (http://tinyurl.com/loxhf)

---Aaron