Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Congratulations with the 0.96
It's a really huge step forward to the best

But, unfortunately I found a strange bug...
After playing OGG in 0.96 updated from extras-devel CPU frequency is constantly 400MHz even if governor is powersave (should be 165Mhz).
The same operations with SVN version (launched MediaBox.py from console) do no harm to CPU frequency scaling.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Congratulations with the 0.96
It's a really huge step forward to the best

But, unfortunately I found a strange bug...
After playing OGG in 0.96 updated from extras-devel CPU frequency is constantly 400MHz even if governor is powersave (should be 165Mhz).
The same operations with SVN version (launched MediaBox.py from console) do no harm to CPU frequency scaling.
This is really weird. MediaBox doesn't touch the CPU governor. Maybe applications started from the application menu are treated differently by the OS than applications launched from X-Terminal?

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
This is really weird. MediaBox doesn't touch the CPU governor. Maybe applications started from the application menu are treated differently by the OS than applications launched from X-Terminal?
Maybe... In fact, I have no idea at the moment about those inner processes and the difference. It's just draining battery quite fast, so I had to reboot everytime... And use the XTerm more

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Thanks for 0.96 :-) Install was a breeze, discovered my uPnP-Server on startup - neat! Played around a bit, liked what I saw very much.

Will be back with bickering, feature suggestions and more for sure, but this isn't the moment :-) For now: Congratulations - und Herzlichen Dank!

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Youhoooooooo... 0.96 rocks....

0.96 thread here

I have a problem since today, when I search for a video in the youtube of the application, it shows the list, and when I try to play one it attemps to charge it but then it jumps to the next, try to charge it and jumps again!! and it doesnt play anything (in the youtube, the rest works normally)
any suggestions?? colombian noob here....

Tags
media player, mediabox