Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by stevecrye View Post
...when I was 7 for two years
Wow, that must have been tough for you, getting held back while all your friends went on to be eight year olds.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Texas/Earth/Sol System/Milky Way/Local Group/Hubble Bubble/Infinity
Wow, that must have been tough for you, getting held back while all your friends went on to be eight year olds.
It was weird - my B-day would come, and the cake would have 7 candles again! The next time, it had 9, and suddenly my shoes did not fit.

Steve

The Following User Says Thank You to stevecrye For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Tokyo, Japan
I just posted the first official episode of the Tokyo Dan Mobile podcast along with accompanying pics and videos at http://tokyodan.com. Everything was done with a cell phone, an iRiver MP3 recorder and, of course the N810.

Lessons learned:
1 The videos could have been longer and the pictures bigger. I kept everything small cause I was worried about upload time. But the uploads were FAST on my Wireless Gate connection at McDonald's.

2 I had to get rid of the embedded uStream and Seesmic players on my Netvibes produced site at tokyodan.com becuse they were playing havoc with the N810 browser while I was trying to upload the videos to YouTube. No problem though because I won't be doing any video streaming cause the Broadcast features of uStream & Seesmic don't work in the N810 browser. Also the video page at tokyodan.com is a lot lighter.

3 Flickr seems better than Twitxr for uploading and displaying images so I get rid of the Twitxr player too. Although Twitxr does have some interesting location based features.

This was my first try at doing a podcast, uploading pics & videos with no desktop or laptop computer. Things went pretty well for a first try. But the N810 did appear to hang up a few times. But it came back to life after 10 to 30 seconds or so. Getting rid of the uStream and Seesmic players cured the hangups. I guess my next attempt will go a lot more smoothly. And look forward to longer videos and bigger pictures.

This was posted via the N810.

Last edited by TokyoDan; 2008-07-05 at 14:37.