Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Solomon: tsocks won't work with the Microb browser in Diablo, since the browser's engine, the "browserd" daemon, starts up when the tablet starts up and so it can't really be run through tsocks. Other applications should still run fine through tsocks. I ran VNC viewer through tsocks the other week and it worked.

My about:config method
probably still works in Diablo, although I haven't tried it recently, since I haven't been browsing on any particularly untrusted Wi-Fi networks lately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Durham, NC
Thanks...I was beginning to suspect there was a bigger problem, but I hadn't connected it to 'browserd'. Pretty sure I would never have figured that out. Your about:config method still works...that's what actually got me started looking at the tsocks method. The funny thing is i wasn't that interested in using tsocks with the browser, it just seemed like an easy way to test. I guess that turned out to be a bad choice. Thanks for your help.

awesome. i would have spent all day trying to figure out why broswer is not getting tunneled. btw vagalume lastfm client is not working with tsocks but canola does so now i can listen to music at work either though they r blocking last.fm . screw corporate firewalls!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ssjtoma For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
ssjtoma: thanked for your very true sentiments about corporate babysitting.