Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Hey there I have a N810 and a Samsung SGH-A737 with ATT I can get my phone to pair fine and I have setup the connection using the wizard I also checked and it is the right info for ATT connection. The N810 asked something about pairing with DUN and I said yes to do it. When I do I get a red bluetooth icon instead of the normal blue one but when I try to use that connection it doesn't work. Is it the service, the phone, or both. If I can't use this phone or ATT does anyone know of a phone that will work with Boost Mobile that I can get. That way I can just pay $10 a month for internet and just have a second phone for that. I always have my backpack with me so I could leave Boost on in there I guess. BTW I've had my N810 for about 4months and I've had good luck doing everything else with it I just thought this would belong in Newbie section.

I don't think there are any BT boost phones. There wasn't some time ago anyway. On verizon, I had to SEEM edit out pap no-bt dun on my RAZR. Basically verizon disabled BT DUN from the factory and I had to undo it. I don't know if ATT does that or not.

I would suggest howardforums for your particular phone.

Search for threads started by YoDude. Not only does it exist,

BT + Boost = dirt-cheap data

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Yeah if I can't get my ATT phone working I'll go with Boost even though its slower

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
So you paired the two devices, you used the "ATT Internet" connection on your N810, it claims a successful connection on the tablet, yet the icon on the phone is red and you have no access to the web from your N810? What data plan do you have tied to your wireless line? You should be able to get on with any MediaNet feature added to your line.

I will have access to the A737 on ATT when I get home tonight, so I can test and confirm my experience if you'd like. I currently use ATT with my SGH-D807 and have had great success with my N800+OS2008. I couldn't do squat with my 770+OS2007HE and the exact same phone, no matter what I tried for DUN strings/configs. Very annoying, but it just makes the N800 that much more of a prized purchase.

It says it paired fine but when I tell it to connect to ATT Connection it says connection failed. What is the red icon on the phone mean? Let me know if it works with your A737. I have media net basic right now and the connection works on my phone. If I get this to work I was going to go with Medianet Unlimited

You know aside from the keyboard there are days I wish I would have goten a N800. Everytime I see the n810 drop in price from what I paid for it I get mad lol.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
It says it paired fine but when I tell it to connect to ATT Connection it says connection failed.
Are you sure your phone network operator allows you to use your phone as a modem on your current plan? Networks often deliberately block this feature because they want to charge people even more for using it.

You might want to call them and ask if it's possible with your account. If it's not, you may have to pay a bit extra to make it possible.

its possible and some other people say they have done it

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
its possible and some other people say they have done it
I'm sure it is, most networks do allow it, but you may need to get in touch with your network operator to tell them to switch modem support on.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
@andrewfblack I was finally able to get ahold of the A737 today. I threw my SIM in it, which has the Media Net Unlimited plan attached, and was able to connect via Bluetooth just fine from my N800, gaining web access just as I did with my own phone.

I did not see any red icon and of course no error messages. Here's what I would do- go look at your connection settings on the phone and either edit the existing one, or delete and create a new one from scratch and for the time being make it the default. Follow the instructions found here: http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-c...tionId=KB86443

In all honesty, I had to run through the above steps today to get this going because the girl claimed she hasn't been able to receive picture via MMS for awhile. Even though her body text would show, no images/files would be received. It obviously requires a proper Media Net connection configuration- hers was completely missing so I added it back just as the ATT doc described.

I put her SIM back into her phone, emailed her wireless#@mms.att.net with a picture attached and she received the image just fine.

You shouldn't have any problems with the A737 in and of itself from what I can see.

Sorry for the majorly delayed response, it was a busy week.