Active Topics

Notices

GreatGonzo, is there any way to auto sign in with touch.facebook.com? Every time I restart my device the widget requires me to sign in again. The scrolling sometimes messes up too, going too far up or down and leaving a blank area in the widget. I've reduced the amount the widget scrolls to fine-tune the amount of empty space, but doesn't solve the underlying problem.

@yosarian : why don't you add bookmark (touch.facebook.com), i think that what Quick Widgets do if im right

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
@yosarian : why don't you add bookmark (touch.facebook.com), i think that what Quick Widgets do if im right
Sorry I don't understand? I've changed the script to touch.facebook.com, but it requires me to sign in in the widget (which works, but is just annoying) every time I boot my device.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
To suspend javascript when the widget is not visible use:

Code:
          settings.javascriptEnabled: runtime.isActiveWindow
in the
Code:
 WebView {
part

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by yosarian View Post
GreatGonzo, is there any way to auto sign in with touch.facebook.com? Every time I restart my device the widget requires me to sign in again. The scrolling sometimes messes up too, going too far up or down and leaving a blank area in the widget. I've reduced the amount the widget scrolls to fine-tune the amount of empty space, but doesn't solve the underlying problem.
Sorry, I don't think so. This would need hand coding.

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Sorry, I don't think so. This would need hand coding.
Into the widget script or the software?

so, i can have this in my desktop ? http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-maemo-4.7...ive-snake.html

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Congrats to GreatGonzo, this app is very witty

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Into the widget script or the software?
i imagine the script would have to point to your cookies folder somehow, thus auto sign in like with microB would be possible. but i'm just guessing. dont ask me how to make it point anywhere, cos unless the answer is draw a big ascii arrow i dont know jack. :/

EDIT: unless facebook sign in supports the web address tyoe sign in.... e.g. username:password@webaddress.com in the url field, then you would just need to edit the url in the script to have your username and password. again, just guessing, test for yourself!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Last edited by festivalnut; 2011-02-02 at 19:43.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Sorry I don't understand? I've changed the script to touch.facebook.com, but it requires me to sign in in the widget (which works, but is just annoying) every time I boot my device.
You could also hook into when the website does the login and read from the DOM the username and password and save it in the offline storage, and load it back into the dom next time. ( if you need help interfacing with the dom tell me, i've already done something like this)

another option is to build the POST request properly but I am not sure how easy that is to do in the qml webview.

Be advised that both options are a bit on the gray area with regards to the facebook "no screen scrapping" policy...