http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/16/l...ng-phone-ever/
http://gigaom.com/2010/11/16/watch-o...ds-in-40-days/
The specs won't wow anyone but this thing sells for only 200-300 dollars and provides (mostly) full Android experience. There is also a version of this with with a keyboard called the Etna. Seems like a very attractively designed device.

looks incredibly ugly to me..

Wait, you're stating the killer of a phone that was released 2-3 years ago? Wait, that phone is only recently released?

The Following User Says Thank You to DDRFAN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
looks incredibly ugly to me..
Yes it is ugly

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It's sold over 1M units already (first 30 days or some such). It's a VERY popular phone.

But yes, it's ugly

Still, for a budget Android phone, it's quite a good value.

Originally Posted by DDRFAN View Post
Wait, you're stating the killer of a phone that was released 2-3 years ago? Wait, that phone is only recently released?
I think a better title would have been Nokia feature phone killer

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
It's sold over 1M units already (first 30 days or some such). It's a VERY popular phone.

But yes, it's ugly

Still, for a budget Android phone, it's quite a good value.
Why is it ugly I personally love the design, of course style is completely subjective. I wouldn't be surprised if LG sells millions of these.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I think the Nokia C6-01 will be the 5800 killer.

My website

GitHub

Looking at the face of the handset, there seems to be a lot of wasted real estate that could have been better utilised by the screen.

That said, we have a couple of subŁ100 android handsets in the UK (sold through the super markets) and this looks like another welcome entry for the smartphone noobs.

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Looking at the face of the handset, there seems to be a lot of wasted real estate that could have been better utilised by the screen.

That said, we have a couple of subŁ100 android handsets in the UK (sold through the super markets) and this looks like another welcome entry for the smartphone noobs.
Putting in a larger screen would make it more expensive. I don't think the type of people who would buy this would care about specs. It is a simple phone for simple people, and as such it should be thought of with that in mind not oh it can't do this or that.