Hi All,

Long term N900 user here.

Up until recently I have had no problems with my device. In the last week or so though I have red triangle with a white ! in the middle on one of my messages. I assumed it was a failed message or something but it is not going away. Now when I go into that conversation messages are missing but when I restart my phone they come back but in a jumbled up order.

Secondly, I have been using my device more and more for transferring files. I have noticed that I cannot access these files while my device is connected via USB. This is a pain as I have to keep ejecting it and reconnecting if I need to send picture messages via fMMS.

Regarding fMMS, it seems to become unstable after a couple of messages have been sent. I have to close it or restart the phone to make it work again.

If anyone could shed some light on these problems it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
Man...n900 is getting weirder day by day

The Following User Says Thank You to SalmanAbbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I have no idea what the red and white exclamation is. My guess would be corrupted file or message...

When you connect the phone via USB is it in mass storage or PC suite mode? if you want to access your files in your N900 while connected use PC suite mode.

Yes fmms used to be a bit unstable but not any more for me... Hey, a new update came out today, did you get it?

Ah I see, I'll use PC suite mode from now on then. I have been a bit slack actually and have not applied any new updates for a couple of months. I'll muke sure to do that tonight and see how I get on.

Thanks for your reply!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by SalmanAbbas View Post
Man...n900 is getting weirder day by day
Man this made me laugh lol LOL LOL.

Cannot offer a solution but I have the red triangle issue too. For me it has stayed on that conversation and I have now stopped taking notice of it. Other problem that I have with conversations is that it has stopped showing the green arrow the envelop if the last message is incoming. It either shows a blue arrow facing right (if last message was outgoing) or just a bare envelop

dude even i had weird problems with my N900 .. when i try to call a contact it displays a message "user busy" or "Call waiting" in random but the call gets connected with that contact

& when i restart the device, its back to normal & this problem occurs again after couple of days Or so :P

weird but love the device
for more info on N900 visit tekites.wordpress.com

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
For those who has the status issues, have you tried to system-backup the messages (only), remove the message database under xterminal, create a dummy message, then restore the message from system backup? I've similar issue (not red triangle, but I forgot what is it) and fix it by this method.

Be warned that I prepared to reflash before using this rough and dirty method, so you should be aware of it too.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
For those who has the status issues, have you tried to system-backup the messages (only), remove the message database under xterminal, create a dummy message, then restore the message from system backup? I've similar issue (not red triangle, but I forgot what is it) and fix it by this method.

Be warned that I prepared to reflash before using this rough and dirty method, so you should be aware of it too.
Tried. Didn't help

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
Tried. Didn't help
Which database file have you removed?