Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
MrDownTempo seems to have a solution here that seems to help with not having to re-pair the keyboard. It has to do with removing spaces in the name of the device (rename it to a single word) after you pair it successfully.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...37&postcount=4

I used that hand cleaner alcohol stuff and rubbed...it came off, leaving the logo pristine in my keyboard.

I have an N800 with OS2008. I have a strange thing happen. It paired perfectly fine, and when I hit a key on the keyboard, a bluetooth connection is automatically made between the iGo and the N800. If the screen of the N800 was off, it turns on when I tap on the keyboard, which means that it's getting some signal from the keyboard. However, when I type, nothing comes up on the screen. It's as if OS2008 is acknowledging that it's getting input, but then discarding the input afterward.

No combination of starting from scratch (i.e. removing keyboard MAC references from /var/log/bluetooth/<MAC>/* and rebooting) has changed this. After I couldn't fix the problem after a lot of trying the first time, I reflashed the N800 and it started working perfectly. Then I installed a lot of software and at some point after my last install, it stopped working. I don't think it's correlated with the last couple of things I installed. But it may be correlated with some other application that ran. I tried the above solutions again (not the reflashing), and also tried removing spaces from the keyboard name, and rebooting every time. I'm still stuck with the same behavior. Reflashing/reinstalling takes too long. Any clues on what else to try?

Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I found that by removing all references to the keyboards MAC address from these files I was able to repair it.
Try:

cd /var/lib/bluetooth/*
grep Think *

This should list the line in the names file showing the keyboards MAC address. Using all or part of the MAC address type

grep <your MAC address> *

This will list all of the files you need to edit.

EDIT: As musikgoat points out below, you need to reboot after editing the files.

Hope this helps
i dont really understand this step.
how do i edit the files?

however somehow i dunno how.
after i restarted my n800.. i can pair my igo to my n800.

Originally Posted by marcianx View Post
I have an N800 with OS2008. I have a strange thing happen. It paired perfectly fine, and when I hit a key on the keyboard, a bluetooth connection is automatically made between the iGo and the N800. If the screen of the N800 was off, it turns on when I tap on the keyboard, which means that it's getting some signal from the keyboard. However, when I type, nothing comes up on the screen. It's as if OS2008 is acknowledging that it's getting input, but then discarding the input afterward.

No combination of starting from scratch (i.e. removing keyboard MAC references from /var/log/bluetooth/<MAC>/* and rebooting) has changed this. After I couldn't fix the problem after a lot of trying the first time, I reflashed the N800 and it started working perfectly. Then I installed a lot of software and at some point after my last install, it stopped working. I don't think it's correlated with the last couple of things I installed. But it may be correlated with some other application that ran. I tried the above solutions again (not the reflashing), and also tried removing spaces from the keyboard name, and rebooting every time. I'm still stuck with the same behavior. Reflashing/reinstalling takes too long. Any clues on what else to try?
Um....strange "solution"....

All this time my charger was plugged in, and I didn't unplug it. Once I did, the keyboard started to work properly again. Happy/confused me!

Originally Posted by toby.c13 View Post
i dont really understand this step.
how do i edit the files?
Get a text editor.
http://maemo.org/downloads/OS2007/text-editors/
If you don't know what vi is, you want to avoid vim.

I followed the instructions in the first post and was able to successfully pair my iGo keyboard to my N800 before I updated the OS to Diablo. When I updated to Diablo I have run into the same problem as some others where my keyboard won't pair with my N800. My N800 sees my keyboard but the pairing fails. With regards to the earlier post about renaming my keyboard so that there are no spaces in the name how do I do this? I can't seem to find a way to rename my keyboard. Thanks.

I still haven't been able to get my iGo Stowaway keyboard paired in Diablo. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? This is driving me crazy! It paired effortlessly in 2008. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.