Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Are you using cssu thumb or have you some swap settings or what is your phone set up? I would really like this to work.
I do not know and I'm unsure how to find out, I don't recall messing with those things but it's possible that i forgot. It has the OS that came on it from when I bought it new way back when, updated to some point. If you tell me what command to run or where to look to find out these things I'm on it .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
I will delete these pictures after I have got comments from people. This is the size my microb browser tries to show the pictures and how it is rendered on page. Do others have the same view?
This looks very similar to what firefox renders the page like on my desktop before it's fully loaded, once it's fully loaded the images become suddenly small and the page looks aight.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Opera shows the page and images right. Have to start to use this but there was some reason why I want to use microb. Something does not work with opera on the forum.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Hep

This is my picture and I go back to my roots... N9, no editing... Only resize with Gimp...:
Attached Images

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Opera shows the page and images right. Have to start to use this but there was some reason why I want to use microb. Something does not work with opera on the forum.
For me the modifier keys do not work in Opera making it a pain to use. Looking trough about:config in the browser i used I found (probably) the version from useragent setting: "Firefox/3.5 Maemo Browser 1.7.4.8 RX-51 N900". Maemo version shown as 20.2010.36-2 in settings.

Here is a bunch of screenshots of all the (allegedly) user set things in about:config http://matland.be/webconfig/

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Hep

This is my picture and I go back to my roots... N9, no editing... Only resize with Gimp...:
Replacing the wheel bearing, or just a brake job there? (And what car?)

I love WD-40.

Also reminds me of my roots, dropping by a friend's house (to help him haul a a 289 short block out of his basement) to find friend's brother under his Healy, both rear wheels off, the car itself balanced on a log under the differential. A vertical log.

But I regress . . . Nice pic! Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Replacing the wheel bearing, or just a brake job there? (And what car?)
That is left front wheel bearing. Volvo (V70 AWD/D5) is no longer in the reputation of being a durable car, the original bearing collapsed only after 497 thousand kilometers...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@maemish
Happened to me years ago and I found no reason/culprit/workaround for this behaviour (due to high RAM usage?).
Made me to.switch using N9 for browsing.(and *shiver* typing on-screen-keyboard, never got.used to it...).

But I can assure you Sailfish is just.a bit better than this, search for browser disco.effect on.TJC/TMO ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Sorry for the long post, i am bored in a hotel room after the most incredible series of days.
Yeah, yeah, the story contains WD40 and results in my entry so maybe you still like to read.

One of the perks of doing business is that you can choose yourself whom to market yourself.
So after 10 years of flying blind marketing wise and somehow still having enough customers, last year i started to contact some cool retro companies i loved as a kid, just for fun.
This week i am at EMO in Hannover and cater Star Micronics at EMO Hannover, you might know them from their needle printers in the 80s. Most famously the NL-10 on which i printed my whole childhood away. Geeez all that nice merch with that funky Star logo alone is worth the job
I learned today they still do service for those oldies since they still got parts. lol.

Anyway, they dig the sushi and even built their stand to have a kaiten (running sushi) and give it away to anyone for free.
That conveyor belt thing is awkward though. It "shrugs" from time to time and all dishes shift from the moving plates slightly until one falls off and causes a full carambolage of all dishes if i do not stop the whole thing by pulling the plug.
I could ease the situation with WD40.
The whole thing is rather slippy now and shines brightly. But at least once a dish falls half off the plate and slides along, now there is so few friction it stays that way and slides along.
Still i hope the service guy that is announced for tomorrow will finally fix that whole thing.
Probably by knowing where to exactly put WD40.

Another common threat of sushi chefs are food safety instructors. Not that i would not comply to the rules, that is exactly my business to incorporate japanese way of doing things into EU food safety regulations. No, it is just that my day is clocked by the minute on tradefairs and a 30 minute talk to calm down a hectic inspector who found the prime subject to exercise all his trainees on uncommon details usually screws my day.
So when i found my Deep freezer to be switched off over night because the built-up crew forgot to give it power over night when the stand shuts down i was kind of cringy. Now all the defrosted fish would have need to be served the same day, leaving me with zilch for the next 2 days
Next second i had my fish dealer on speed dial to check my options. His business is to go daily from Paris Rungis Market to Berlin and stop at major citys.

"Your in Hamburg, WTF, you got some spare tuna possibly?".
3 hours later i had the supply for the next 2 days \o/
Now some poor Hamburg sushi Bar did not get what they ordered, but yeah, it pays off to have 15y business relationship with your fish dealer

Forward to today.
Guess who walked straight up to my booth the second i was getting ready to serve today?

Yeah right, the same inspector that wrote a warning notice last time because my defrosting fridge was set to 5° instead 2°. The contained fish was still at ~-10 but yeah, lets call him sucker.
Sucker walks up to my place not saying a word, looks into my counter, starts to smile, nods and walks away

Still do not know how to exactly sort what happend, but i guess he saw the quality fish and/or my shiny new thermometer in the counter showing 2° and simply thought it is not worth the effort? anyway \o/
Or it was that Jedi Mind trick since i repeatedly thought "move along" when he approached.

That is what he saw. The freshest tuna i ever had, caught in spain only 18h before i had him.
The bright red color on the front edge is only developing slowly by oxidization. It was the outer edge of the loin (1/4 fish) i got. When you cut fresh tuna, the surface is kind of purple aubergine.
If you see a part of tuna at your fish shop that is red full through out, it is at least 2 days older than this since that is the time it takes to oxidize all the way through.
Only then the red degrades again until it gets brownish with green shimmer.

Taken with XA2

Last edited by mosen; 2019-09-19 at 22:24.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Most famously the NL-10 on which i printed my whole childhood away. Geeez all that nice merch with that funky Star logo alone is worth the job
I learned today they still do service for those oldies since they still got parts. lol.
Well that's great to know actually, I still have one laying around and that screetching noise it made was the soundtrack of my childhood also .

Tags
camera phone, competition