Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I have always preferred 7. Fits into all my jeans' pockets even my skinniest.
How do you manage that?
Even the N900 barely fits my jeans pockets.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
How do you manage that?
Even the N900 barely fits my jeans pockets.
Are you wearing your ex-girlfriends jeans or something?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
I tend to think the bezel serves two purposes - something to hold onto without activating the screen, and the other to widen the base to fit more battery in, given that battery drain is a function of screen real estate.

I imagine the motherboard and other stuff doesn't change from model to model.

Roll on CTIA.
i was apprehensive about the bezel before i bought the device, but after using the Gtab for a while i think its perfect, for the first reason above, and my ipad has one the same size, tablets need a bezel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Are you wearing your ex-girlfriends jeans or something?
Nope, they just sell small-pocketed jeans around here.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia

Hmm... I don't have anything useful for you right now--but I'll probably come back another time with something handy. In the meantime, and I know this will totally "blow your mind." Have you tried searching for that info on Google?
I know how to use google.....I just know that; even if I find something; someone on this thread is more educated than I am....Sometimes when you think you know it all someone else comes along and teach you something new!

The Following User Says Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Oops forgot one important thing about size: Typing speed. With the 10 inch form your fingers can't to the buttons in the middle. Typing is a very slow and painful experience. The Tab on the other hand in portrait is the perfect size for super speedy typing.
You should get you a mobile keyboard....I have the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000. Love it.

I even use the thing in my bed.....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by crasbelize View Post
You should get you a mobile keyboard....I have the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000. Love it.

I even use the thing in my bed.....
Oooh.. That's a nice keyboard.. Methinks, I may get one as well!

I have a foldable bluetooth keyboard, but it still needs a bag, hence, the folding tends to be more annoying than useful.

This thing looks ergonomic (especially in tight quarters -- eg. economy plane trip or train ride), yet slim enough to carry effortlessly.

It seems that Steve Jobs continues to verbally trashtalk Samsung. Up next... a well known mis-quote:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/c...asks-what-you/

So very, very sad. Many people will see this statement, but few will ever see a retraction, due to the difference in popularity of the respective venues. I don't think this was a mistake -- not by a long shot.

It's very interesting that Jobs is taking dead aim at Samsung. I suspect he feels most of his competition coming from this camp. The Galaxy S is a wildly popular smartphone, and the Tab is selling through with impressive numbers. Lastly, Samsung has that same incremental improvement philosophy, and it shows. The Galaxy S 2 looks to be an unrivaled smartphone in terms of quality, and the Tab 2 the king of the Android tablets.

Samsung alone may have the chops to take Apple head-on, and Honeycomb is differentiated enough from iOS to be an interesting competitor.

Interesting times ahead.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
This is a pretty neat feature for the Galaxy Tab:

Remote Camera Viewfinder!

http://www.mediamentalism.com/2011/0...ne-viewfinder/

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZLhjJJnp3w

Basically, your camera (assumed Samsung point-and-shoot) can beam what it's seeing to your Tab via WiFi! You can also use it to snap shots.

So much better than a camera timer, don't you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Nope, they just sell small-pocketed jeans around here.
You're no geek! You're no geek! YOU AIN'T NUTHIN!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy