Active Topics

Thank you for that response. What about the sprint 800mhz? Is that definitely out as well?

I am in the US and bought a jolla phone which I absolutely LOVE, but unfortunately 2g is all that is available. If the the phone will not work on sprint, looks like I will be putting it up on ebay unfortunately.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tsfak View Post
Thank you for that response. What about the sprint 800mhz? Is that definitely out as well?
Crap. I'll be the bearer of bad news, again! The right frequency, but wrong in everything following the radio signal. That american network is using the Chinese flavor LTE. In laymans terms, Jolla phone would pick up the radio waves but wouldn't know what to do with the signal.

Not really wanting to bust the balls of my fellow human beigns on the other side of the Atlantic, but as far as Jolla is concerned:

You're screwed on 3G and only the ones who know how to play hockey will get relief on 4G.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-01-31 at 23:00.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD

I am in the US and bought a jolla phone which I absolutely LOVE, but unfortunately 2g is all that is available. If the the phone will not work on sprint, looks like I will be putting it up on ebay unfortunately.
I might consider buying it. Where abouts do you live?

I am in Maryland. I really love the sailfish OS, I would consider trading the jolla for a 64gb N9 running sailfish if anyone is interested.

I am in Maryland. I really love the sailfish OS, I would consider trading the jolla for a 64gb N9 running sailfish if anyone is interested.
Well, this is getting interesting! I live near Gaitherburg MD. If you do not live too far away I'd love to take a look and see how it works regardless. I actually have an N9 but I could never part with it even though I don't use it anymore. Same with my n900. I could be wrong but my impression is that as the updates continue for Sailfish OS it might get harder to port to N9 so you might consider keeping it if you want a device that is up to date. The 2G aspect has kept me from buying till now but I decided if I did buy it, it would be for tinkering around with and just using wifi for data. I have a friend in Switzerland that can pick one up for me so there is no rush. Right now I'm waiting to see what happens at MWC and whether progress is made porting to Nexus 4 or 5. But if you really want to part with it and it is in verg good condition I might consider buying it.

That's crazy you two are in Maryland. I live in Pennsylvania roughly 30mins from the Maryland border. Small world! I have a brand new in the box spare N9 that I have only booted a few times. I don't know if I could part with it though

Its perfect condition, just took it out of the box yesterday. Its an amazing phone. 2g is tough tho

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
That's crazy you two are in Maryland. I live in Pennsylvania roughly 30mins from the Maryland border. Small world! I have a brand new in the box spare N9 that I have only booted a few times. I don't know if I could part with it though
hi justadude. There were a few of us n9 enthusiasts in the greater DC area that purchased the n9 despite the lack of support form nokia. About two years ago there was a meetup in Rockville MD. It was really informative and fun. Who knows. Maybe in 6 months or so there can be a meetup for the Jolla phone owners and Sailfish users if there is enough success with porting to other devices!

Here is a link to the meet up thread. The last page has some pics of our n9s

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=rockville

@tsfak For now I don't think I could pay more than $300. So you are likely better off trying ebay...

Last edited by mscion; 2014-02-01 at 13:36.

There was some meetup for N9/N950 users planned in NY as well, but I think it didn't happen in the end.

Having just received my Jolla the answer is yes it can be used in the United States. No you will not have 3G or 4G/LTE service for data. But I do not need it since I have my hotspot with me all the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post: